No.49 Super Mariner-Need Help

Started by Lunker Larry, January 17, 2019, 08:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

So this fresh water guy gets this Penn reel and I cannot figure out the AR dog spring. I've done a few Penns and have not come across this setup.
The second pic is what I guessed as the only logical way that it goes. Need a bit of help here.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Dominick

Larry, I haven't had a 49 open in a while but looking at the picture I would think that the dog spring should be around the wider end of the teardrop.  Stick it in that way and take another photo.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Lunker Larry

Dominick. If I do that it would push against the yoke springs and push the dog away from the ratchet gear.  I just can't figure it out. If I install it so it has pressure to the rachet gear it does not engage the release cam. I'm stumped.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.

xjchad

I'm pretty sure you have it right in the first pic.
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Dominick

Heck I've been wrong before.   :'(  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

AC49

Maybe this helps ?
Regards
AC49

Lunker Larry

Thanks AC49. So I do have it right.  I guess I'm  just having a hard time meshing things up when I put it together.  thanks for your time and help everyone.

xjchad

Flip the drag engage lever to "off".  That should push the dog away from the gear sleeve ratchet.
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Lunker Larry

Ta Da! Good as new. Smooth as silk. Just have to order up a couple frame screws and its done.
Thanks all.

Alto Mare

Those pics above with the ss parts look familiar.

I'm glad you got it figured out Larry

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.