Port and Starboard

Started by wascallywabit, January 12, 2019, 01:18:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wascallywabit

My first attempt at pictures... Got my fingers crossed.

Just finished these two. All possible upgrades. Started out with a couple of 500 Jigmasters as doner reels and proceeded to get carried away. Side plates from Tom, Tib frame, spool from Randy, stainless gears and bridge from Alan, 5+1 stack from Bryan, stainless yoke and jack.

Bryan Young

It's beginning to look like Christmas.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

wascallywabit

Swami805

Those came out very nice, the silver goes well there. Are those penn spools or tiburon?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

wascallywabit

Quote from: Swami805 on January 12, 2019, 02:15:55 AM
Those came out very nice, the silver goes well there. Are those penn spools or tiburon?
Those are Penn spools that I picked up from Randy.

Gman_WC

Walnut Creek, CA

Maxed Out

Beautiful reels

The silver jigmaster 500 spool is very tough to find. I believe Penn only offered them for a very short time before switching to red aluminum spool

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

MarkT

Looks killer! What's the point of a donor reel when there's nothing left of it? Kinda like I've had this axe for 20 years and have replaced the head twice and the handle 3 times but it's the same axe!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

wascallywabit

Quote from: MarkT on January 12, 2019, 02:54:58 AM
Looks killer! What's the point of a donor reel when there's nothing left of it? Kinda like I've had this axe for 20 years and have replaced the head twice and the handle 3 times but it's the same axe!
Exactly!

Gfish

I know, huh. A couple a mine have only the handle nut and the eccentric left form the original reel.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Alto Mare

Nice reels!...enjoy them.

Quote from: MarkT on January 12, 2019, 02:54:58 AM

:D ...it is still a Penn Reel :).

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Frank

Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

Reel 224

Nice work and nice combination.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

wascallywabit

Quote from: Maxed Out on January 12, 2019, 02:42:36 AM

Beautiful reels

The silver jigmaster 500 spool is very tough to find. I believe Penn only offered them for a very short time before switching to red aluminum spool

Ted
Randy may have a few more. But I'm tapped out for now.