Sealine x40HA questions

Started by Mrc70, January 12, 2019, 06:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrc70

Mrc70

Ok so I am close to reserrecting this reel back to great shape. I ordered a new cast control cap, spacer c and d (keys 43, 44 and 45) but when I installed theses parts it did nothing as far as adjusting the spool. In other words it makes no difference if the cast control cap is tightened way down or if it's backed way off- there is no adjustment in the spool. Am I missing a part? Pics attached. Thanks.

doradoben

I have a Sealine x-40HV, which is a very similar, but earlier version. It has a pin in the hole that would be under the cap in your first picture. On mine if you tighten the cap, it adjusts the side movement of the spool.

A schematic of the model that I have. See Key #41 & #42
http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/content/schematics/SL-X40SHV-50SHV.pdf

Cor

That  is a vital piece, well spotted!
Cornelis

Mrc70

Thanks!  I wil place an order for keys 41 and 42 !

Mrc70

Well, after servicing, installing new Carbon Fiber drags from Smoooth drag, and new bearings I turned a beat up x40HA into a reel that that spins like new with awesome drag!!  The reel is now super smooth and quiet! 

I am starting to really enjoy servicing older reels to make them like new again.  Gotta find more reels to buy!!

Donnyboat

Good its a great feeling to get a reel back like that, only thing better is to catch a good fish with it, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Mrc70

Thanks!  Now I need a clamp kit for this reel.  Do any PENN or Shimano clamp kits fit this reel??

Darin Crofton

Great job on the restoration, now go catchem up!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?