Sealine x40HA questions

Started by Mrc70, January 12, 2019, 06:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrc70

Hello!  What a great website!  Can someone please answer two novice questions ?  I am servicing my Sealine x40HA and before I proceed with the channel locks  :D I would like to know:

Key 78- i cannot get this off the spool axle. is this stuck to the spool? I assume the answer is "yes."

Key 20- I cannot get this off the spool axle!  it is indeed supposedto come off, correct?

I have attached pictures for your viewing enjoyment  :D.

Thank you!

Cor

Those parts both come off there respective shafts.

The small washer F47-0101 probably won't come off further because the drive shaft F73-3602 is slightly damaged or has a small burr.  Push it back and just use a fine flat file very carefully over the flat sides to remove any high points on the brass drive shaft. :o

The bearing does not seem to have corrosion on it, so try some penetrating oil overnight.

I don't have precisely the same reel but they are all very much the same.
Cornelis

Mrc70

Thanks, Cor!  That is exactly what I suspected.

Jigtosser

What Cor said...  :D
They are good reels !!!
Dan

Mrc70

Well, I was able to remove the small washer (thanks, Cor). However, I cannot get that bearing off the spool shaft!  I have tried penetrating oil, using two screw drivers to walk it out, channel locks.. it won't budge!

Donnyboat

your on to it, more penatrating oil, & patients, it should give the way your going about it, good luck, please keep us informed,cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Cor

I blew up the picture and it looks like there is corrosion on the bearing, so its probably shot in any event.   More penetrating oil.

If the bearing is already ruined, hold it in a vice .......

Keep trying, perhaps tap it inward (towards te spool) with light hammer using a small socket or something that will fit around the shaft.   Gently does it, it will release, don't bend the shaft on the other side of the spool!
Heat may also do it.

Just keep trying but very gently and carefully.    The "bigger the problem the bigger the hammer" does not apply here :-\
Cornelis

Mrc70

Got it!!  I kept using the penetrating oil..  Gave it one more try..  and used two screw drivers to pry/walk the bearing off the shaft..  Thanks to all who replied!  And yes, there was a lot of rust on that bearing..

Donnyboat

through the bearing, the rest should cleen up okay, all we need now, is a photo of the fish you catch with it. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Mrc70

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Mrc70

Thanks, Alan.  That's exactly what I did...after a lot of penetrating oil. 

Mrc70

I am wondering where I can buy a couple of bearings (key # 14 and key #20)for my x40HA at a reasonable price?  I am also looking for a clamp kit if anyone has any suggestions.. it doesn't have to be a Daiwa clamp..

Thanks again!  

Cor

I probably have a clamp that you may have for free, but the shipping cost from here will be too much.
Cornelis

doradoben

I don't know where you are located but you might try Daiwa in California. I've purchased parts from them in the past and they were reasonable and helpful.

http://www.daiwa.com/us/about/index.html

http://www.daiwa.com/us/service/manuals/index.html