Curado 300ej power handle!

Started by chockpish, January 15, 2019, 05:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chockpish

I was wondering if it is possible to balance the power handle on my Curado 300 ej ! It has a tendency of engaging the reel in mid cast if the knob is at the front of the reel! I've read online that it is a problem with this particular reel handle!Due to it not being well balanced, I guess the weight of the knob is more than the counter weight! I like the way it feels and that is why I wonder if I can balance it myself! I don't mind spending the money on a new handle, but if I don't have to, it would be better and easier to explain to my wife that I need a new handle for my reel! I have an idea on how to do it, I have one of those cones that you use to sharpen a lawn mower blade, so I thought I would drill the counter weight and melt some lead in it until the handle balances out! But before I ruin the handle for good, I wanted to ask if anyone here had a better way of doing this particular job! Thanks in advance, Mike!
Tight lines, be safe, fish hsard!

alantani

i have some stainless steel counter weights, but they will likely not completely balance the handle.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

mikeysm

You need to find how much weight you need and make one.

Mike

chockpish

Thanks for the quick response. I found an old two paddle power handle I had bought a while back! It fits, so I'm going to stick to that for now! Once again thank you!

Tight lines and be safe!
Tight lines, be safe, fish hsard!