Is this actually a D-A-M Quick handle knob?

Started by festus, January 15, 2019, 11:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

festus

I needed to replace a bent handle and bent axle on one of my 441N.  This past weekend I received a 331N missing a spool and bail assembly in a group of parts reels I got off da bay.  The 331N shares parts with the 441N, so I swapped.  

The 331N handle had a knob that is either aftermarket or maybe an odd one from the factory, or possibly from another model other than a Finessa or N series.  

Fred, Tommy, Mo, Sheridan, oldmanjoe or do any other of you gurus know if this is an original knob or maybe what other reel it came from?

BTW, I really like these 441N.  Too bad there was never a 441 manufactured, but these will do the job.  

Midway Tommy

I have seen that style knob on some "00" Champion line Dam's, i.e. 1400, 2000, 3000, 4000, & 5000. Usually with a basic crank handle like this, though.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

festus

Thanks, Tommy, I Googled around and found this from a 5000.

festus

I did some Ebay surfing and happened to run across this crank arm and knob listed as "1 new old stock D.A.M. Quick 440N Fishing Reel Handle  part no. 104-862."  So apparently there were a few of these on the 440N series or the seller was in error.

mo65

Good research Chester, the  441N is a great reel when comparing power/size It's big...but not bulky. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Midway Tommy

Probably some "Last Hurrahs" in the replacement parts bin inventories since that knob wasn't used on new reels until toward very end. Those later "01" numbered models had the newer spring & wedge fold down type handle.   
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

oldmanjoe

If it is any help , my 3000 has the maroon football handle .
I believe the red handle are the newer style .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare