my new Sharky project reel penn 116L 12/0

Started by steelfish, January 16, 2019, 09:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

That's what happens here,  Alex. You can't unring the bell, the Ohana are sending you parts so you best get on with cleaning that winch up :)

PM me your address again please sir.

steelfish

Quote from: thorhammer on January 17, 2019, 03:10:16 PM
That's what happens here,  Alex. You can't unring the bell, the Ohana are sending you parts so you best get on with cleaning that winch up :)

you know John, its really cool to go to bed to rest after a hard working day and wake up the next morning (thats big plus, thanks God), have a good strong coffee and find this kind of response from the ohana, not that Im surprised cuz this is the way ohana works in here but still make you feel good or maybe it was just the caffeine working LOL just joking guys, really appreciate your kind offers and help; John you're right compadre, Im better off putting this reel on the working table soon to check it out, customer's reels can wait  ;D ;D ::)

@ Daron, my amigo, how you end up with a sideplate with my name  ??? ;) , let me check the reel before asking for any part, not surprised you have lots of this monster reels, they look and feel pretty sturdy, I will be competing against Benny, is he catch trouts on his 16/0 I can catch triggerfish with this 12/0 too  ;D :D
The Baja Guy

thorhammer

Your 12/0 will likely see action before Daron's, and definitely before mine, so it's like we get tp go along  ;D

Reel 224

Alex: We are all here to help one-another with what ever we can.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Shark Hunter

Alex,
I have at least two or three from parts ready to assemble.
I'm holding out for something big.
You know I help you out whenever I can.
That is how it works around here Amigo. ;)
Mi Casa Su Casa.
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Quote from: thorhammer on January 17, 2019, 07:14:38 PM
Your 12/0 will likely see action before Daron's, and definitely before mine, so it's like we get tp go along  ;D
I take offense to that John Boy! ;)
Mine will see Action in 5 Months, Thank You and Good Day Sir! :D
Life is Good!

thorhammer

Just making sure you are awake up there, brother!! Note: I read on another post Alex has bushing model- not sure if that will impact your plate selection or not. Alex, confirm.

sdlehr

Quote from: thorhammer on January 18, 2019, 11:09:16 AM
Just making sure you are awake up there, brother!! Note: I read on another post Alex has bushing model- not sure if that will impact your plate selection or not. Alex, confirm.
John, look at the last picture. It's a ball bearing reel.
Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Frank

I might sound like a lunatic but I really don't think the reel is all that bad on the outside and will clean up really nicely. Dying to see the internals.

Best of luck,

Frank
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

thorhammer

Quote from: sdlehr on January 18, 2019, 12:44:51 PM
Quote from: thorhammer on January 18, 2019, 11:09:16 AM
John, look at the last picture. It's a ball bearing reel.
Sid

excellent. thanks, Sid!

sdlehr

Quote from: Frank on January 18, 2019, 12:55:52 PM
I might sound like a lunatic but I really don't think the reel is all that bad on the outside and will clean up really nicely. Dying to see the internals.

Best of luck,

Frank
I'm with Frank, I think it'll clean up nicely.
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

steelfish

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 18, 2019, 07:28:30 AM
Quote from: thorhammer on January 17, 2019, 07:14:38 PM
Your 12/0 will likely see action before Daron's, and definitely before mine, so it's like we get tp go along  ;D
I take offense to that John Boy! ;)
Mine will see Action in 5 Months, Thank You and Good Day Sir! :D

LOL now that was funny, I really dont know if I will be using this reel before 5 months, so Daron takes the lead  ;)
I will try to have it built and ready to go before that, but the hard part will be to find the time to fishing focusing to catch a big prey like a shark or a big mama Grouper, sound like fun to try to catch something that can eat you up.

Quote from: Frank on January 18, 2019, 12:55:52 PM
Best of luck,
Frank
thanks Frank, upon a quick further and closer review the reel is mostly covered by old dirt with grease and some superficial corrosion on the reel seat the rest marks are some scratches and dents from normal use and I have nothing against that, they just add character to the reel,  I also think it should clean up nicely, finger crossed to fing everything inside in good shape.

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 18, 2019, 07:25:40 AM
Alex,
I have at least two or three from parts ready to assemble.
I'm holding out for something big.
You know I help you out whenever I can.
That is how it works around here Amigo. ;)
Mi Casa Su Casa.
not surprise here amigo, I know you are a classy guy
the world would be different if at least half of the people act like this ohana site.
I try to help local guys and kids that have hard time with fishing equipment, with some
free parts, accesories and labor whenever l can, is my small part for spreading the ohana chain up
to Baja, Mx., I learned to act like that from all you guys.

The Baja Guy

steelfish

decided to take some time to open the reel and check the rest of the internal parts and found this one needs extra TLC lots of crude grease, mud, sand, etc but not excesive corrosion and not broken parts other than the right side plate.

spool shafts seems not bend, hopefully after installing everything again with a new sideplate it doesnt bind, seems like the handle sideplate got broken by a big hit from a fall or something, cuz the drag star have 2 tips bent and one of the screws of the bridge is also bent at the tip

The Baja Guy

steelfish

some others

all 4 rings are with some superficial corrosion, nothing that a good bath with vinegar wont take away

at the end, seems like I will need:
-  New drag washers and metal (drag kit)
-  new handle or just a 12/0 arm, I have a chinese big knob I can use.
-  new handle sideplate with bearing
-  reel clamp with nuts
-  maybe a new bearing on the non handle sideplate cap

so, it wasnt that bad  ;D ;D ::)
The Baja Guy

Reel 224

that is a good job for evporust, nice start though.

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."