San Quintin, Baja, Mexico

Started by swill88, January 23, 2019, 04:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swill88

Met a couple of friends in San Diego last week and we drove 200 miles south to San Quintin Baja.

The storm was bearing down on the Pacific coast so we knew it would be iffy.

We got out early Thursday and got to "the 240", an underwater volcanic peak, early.

The bite was all out.  Limits by 11:30.  We went in at 12:30 and the wind picked up and closed us out fo the next few days.  Can't wait to do it again.

I remember catching each fish but at the front of my mind is the big one that got away.  My drag was buttoned almost down on an HXJ Raptor with a 60# fluoro leader. None of the 15-20#ers took any line out at all.  The big one started ripping off line and I was slow (paralyzed) to move the lever towards full and...pop! 
steve

Tiddlerbasher

That looks like a great feed there Steve :)

Fishy247

Looks and sounds like an awesome trip Steve! Glad to see you up and about and able to get back out there again!

Mike

Cortez_Conversions

Super jealous Steve!!!
Looks like a fantastic trip!!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

El Pescador

Steve-meister!

Did you loose my phone number???

Still want to go fishing with you in San Quintin, Baja.

How did the new knee hold up???  You getting stronger????

Looks like a great trip!  and fish to bring home,

Travel safe,

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Alto Mare

Excellent report Steve, I'm glad you're getting back at full force.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

I'm glad to see you looking better and catching fish Steve.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

looks like you've lost weight, or the fish are bigger!!!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

theswimmer

Nice fishes......
Looking good brudda .
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Dominick

Terrific Steve.  Who are your cohorts?  Members here?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Darin Crofton

Congrats on a great trip and great story!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Hardy Boy

Nice job !! I was looking forward to meeting you ......... next time.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Benni3

Great trip,,,,and fantastic job,,, :D sometimes the big one gets away no matter what,,,, ;) next time you will get him,,,, ;D