New Reel repair and maintenance business, North Oregon Coast

Started by retiredandfishing, February 08, 2019, 06:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredandfishing

Hello, just launched my reel repair and maintenance business here in the Tillamook, Oregon area.  Here is my website  
http://stevesfishingreelrepairandmain.godaddysites.com

Wanted to thank Alan and all who have helped me in the past to learn the basics of reel repair. This site has been invaluable to me.  Since I am retired, I am looking more toward the long term to build my clients and reputation and for now getting established is more important to me than turning a profit of any size.

Thanks, Steve

Keta

Hi Steve, are you planning to attend the SSS in Salem at the end of the month? Oli Damon closing should help your business.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

retiredandfishing

Yes, I do plan to attend.  Really enjoy it.  Saw Ollie went out of business.  It may help me but was kind of sad, they were a go too for me years ago and in business for a long time.  They had it for sale for a while but guess no one wanted it. 

Steve

Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Dominick

Quote from: Gfish on February 08, 2019, 09:17:14 PM
Love Tillamook, town, bay, river and the cheese!

1 vote for Tillamook ice cream.  Old fashion vanilla and vanilla bean are the best.   :)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

retiredandfishing

Quote from: Dominick on February 08, 2019, 09:45:34 PM
Quote from: Gfish on February 08, 2019, 09:17:14 PM
Love Tillamook, town, bay, river and the cheese!

1 vote for Tillamook ice cream.  Old fashion vanilla and vanilla bean are the best.   :)  Dominick

Live 2 miles north of the Tillamook cheese factory. Have to regulate the frequency of my trips there. LOL

Meanwhile

Drop by and say hello at the SSS.  Look for Meanwhile Charters booth.

Randy

Keta

Quote from: retiredandfishing on February 08, 2019, 07:02:08 PM
  Saw Ollie went out of business.  It may help me but was kind of sad, they were a go too for me years ago and in business for a long time. 

They will be missed.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Quote from: Meanwhile on February 09, 2019, 02:33:08 AM
Drop by and say hello at the SSS.  Look for Meanwhile Charters booth.

Randy

Awe man, I'm not coming up this year.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

retiredandfishing

Keta

Look me up too, I will be everywhere taking care of loose ends.  Ask at the OCEAN booth, they usually can find me.

Mark Twain

foakes

Best of luck and fortune in your new endeavor, Steve —

Keep it fun!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

retiredandfishing

Quote from: Keta on February 09, 2019, 03:56:50 PM
Look me up too, I will be everywhere taking care of loose ends.  Ask at the OCEAN booth, they usually can find me.

See you there.

Steve

Alto Mare

Sounds like you have a good plan, I will eventually be doing the same at some point.

Good luck to you.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

retiredandfishing

Just an update on how my business is doing. I had posted it's start back in February of this year.

Got off to an anticipated slow start.  But business is picking up quickly now and is keeping me busy on a part time basis, which is what I wanted.  I have picked up a few commercial accounts, Guides and charter companies in the area.  Looks as if this business may become everything I had hoped for.

I have branched out and now do repairs on fishing rods as well as repair reels.  Building custom poles for the family and friends has been a hobby for years now. It is paying off now in that I can repair guides, tip tops and sometime handles, quickly.

Thanks again for the great support this community has given.  Could not have gotten as good a start as I did without it.  Special thanks to Alan Tani and all your hard work to make this website successful. 

Steve Smith
Steve's Fishing Reel Repair and maintenance
6390 McCoy Ave
Bay City, Or 97107
253-732-0603