Reel wisdom (or 'Things I've learned...')

Started by redsetta, October 03, 2011, 11:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

Just when you think you've updated to every mod. On a given reel....someone here will make/do another upgrade you haven't thought of which you "MUST HAVE" causing you to tear the reel down again ::) in short just leave them taken apart until the night before you intend to fish it.
luck is the residue of design.

bluefish69

This is why I stay with Newell because there is not too many improvements to make.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Newell Nut

Ron Jones

Bryan has drags for Newells. Alan has some handles and I think the 113h gears will fit some Newells so Alan C has you there. Their is never a reel that cannot be modded.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

boon

The chance you will strip the head of a fastener is directly proportional to the rarity of fasteners with that thread multiplied by the difficulty you will have tapping the material it screws into, all to the power of the depth below the surface that the fastener sits (thus preventing you dremeling a slot in the top or attacking it with vicegrips)

Reel 224

You may think what you herd me say is what I meant, but what I meant was not necessarily what you heard. (Confusion)
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

fsrmn

You can't fix stupid... but you can muffle the sound with duct tape ;D
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

Reel 224

Not sure if anyone has mentioned the Murphys law as far as reel repair and maintenance is concerned, But here it is. "What ever can go wrong will go wrong"

And another truism is. If it ain't broke make it better.     
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

MFB

The odds of a job going wrong are directly proportional to the number of people watching....

Regards

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

ez2cdave

When I royally screw up a reel, I contact Alan Tani, ASAP !!!

Dave

Tightlines667

Included excerpt from OCRA's..

"Cleaning, Restoring, and Repairing Antique Fishing Reels"

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Reel 224

Quote from: Tightlines666 on June 07, 2015, 12:19:10 AM
Included excerpt from OCRA's..

"Cleaning, Restoring, and Repairing Antique Fishing Reels"

Some good rules to live by.

Bill B

"It may not be very productive, but it sure is gonna be interesting".....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

sharkman

My favorite. Why do you have so many reels you can only use one at a time. Reply why do you have so many shoe you can only use one pair at a time.

RowdyW