SAVE THE DATE - 4th Annual Reels and Deals BBQ June 8th

Started by Deepfins, May 07, 2019, 08:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deepfins

I usually post an announcement for our annual BBQ on the ORCA board, but realize some of the Tani members might not frequent their site.  So here's hoping some of you Tani members might be able to join us this year.  Here is the announcement:

Once again, my wife and I will be hosting a BBQ at our home in Pismo Beach for all reel collectors and assorted water lovers. It will be on June 8th. In previous years, the BBQ coincided with the Pismo Beach Car Show, but because nobody went to the car show, anyway, and the car show made it difficult to find motel rooms, we decided to host the BBQ on a different date.

This would be a great excuse to plan a spring vacation to the beautiful Central Coast of California. Our BBQ is a very fun and informal get together with all our fishing, spearfishing, surfing, and tackle collecting friends, and their spouses/kids/pets, etc. After gorging ourselves with burgers and hotdogs, we retire to the tackle room to show/sell/trade tackle and solve the world's problems. If you are interested in attending or have any questions, please PM me. EVERYONE is welcome. Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
John
"As for me, I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas, and land on barbarous coasts."

--Herman Melville, Moby-Dick

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thank you for all of the work to put this together for everyone John.  We wouldn't miss it for the world!  See you soon.

Randy

broadway

Sure wish I was close by... or less than 3K miles away.
I'd just love to meet some like minded people and check out your man cave... it must be a sight to see.
Enjoy all and very nice of you to invite the Tani crew.
Have fun, Randy!
Best,
Dom

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

54bullseye

Quote from: broadway on May 14, 2019, 09:17:20 PM
Sure wish I was close by... or less than 3K miles away.
I'd just love to meet some like minded people and check out your man cave... it must be a sight to see.
Enjoy all and very nice of you to invite the Tani crew.
Have fun, Randy!
Best,
Dom
Dom I live 3 thousand miles away to but it was worth the trip last year we had a ball !!  GO !   John Taylor

alantani

mom says that the club house is booked that weekend.  of all the times........   >:(

broadway

I don't doubt it for a second, John.  My 3 year old would certainly liven the party up a bit as well. :o
You guys probably talk about all the fish your beautiful reels didn't catch because the glare off them told the fish you were there, lol.
I hope all of you have a blast,
Dom

Deepfins

If you miss this year's BBQ, there is always next year.  We'll probably always have it around the first part of June.  I'll make sure I announce it on the Tani site plenty early.  For those of you who have not visited the Central Coast of CA, it is really the gem of the entire state, with spectacular coastal drives, great fishing, world class wineries, breweries, restaurants, art galleries, lots of great picking in the area antique malls, minimal traffic/crowds, and arguably the best weather in the world. 
"As for me, I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas, and land on barbarous coasts."

--Herman Melville, Moby-Dick

alantani

ok, the club house is open.  ed and i plan on fishing on friday.  thinking about booking the starfire to change it up.  i will post up a separate thread. 

Avenger Full Day Fri. 6-7-2019 6:00 AMFri. 6-7-2019 to 4:00 PM 45 passengers $93 10hr Rockcod & Lingcod
Starfire 3/4 Day Fri. 6-7-2019 7:00 AM Fri. 6-7-2019 to 3:00 PM 35 passengers $75 8 hour Rockcod and Lingcod
Endeavor AM Half Day Fri. 6-7-2019 8:00 AM Fri. 6-7-2019 to 2:00 PM, 35 passengers $65

alantani

oh, and by the way, i am now a card carrying member of ORCA!

Tightlines667

Quote from: alantani on May 16, 2019, 03:11:54 PM
oh, and by the way, i am now a card carrying member of ORCA!

It's about time!

Welcone to the club boss!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Bryan Young

I would live to join the event...if my BOSS gives me the thumbs up and THE Boss has room at the house. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

plenty of room at the clubhouse.  ed and i have the room with the pair of twin beds, tim has dibs on the couch.  that's it so far. 

what time does the bbq start?  the phenix out of avila has a 3/4 day trip on saturday that still has 16 spots open.  she returns at 3pm.  could we still make to the bbq if we went fishing on saturday out of avila? 

swill88

I can make it...  but... do i have to share a bed with Ed?
steve