Side plate screw

Started by nctrucker, May 15, 2019, 06:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nctrucker

i have a zebco cardinal 4 with a bit of a problem. the screw is in there tight and has been chewed up a lot during attempts to loosen it. no chance with the original abu tool. serial number is 740600.
     i would like to get inside the reel. it is smooth with no apparent problem  so i'm not in a rush to do anything. the side plate may not have the recess for the screw head some of my other plates have.
    anybody had this happen? i have thought of dremelling(is that a word?) the head of the screw off and replacing it if it comes to that and it may. a thought i have had was pushing down on plate around screw head and trying to turn screw with less pressure on head of screw. i am hoping against thread lock being on there but who knows.

RUSTY OLD COLT

Have you tried putting a dab of  automotive valve grinding compound on the tip of the screwdriver . It will fills the voids and helps the screwdriver from slipping. ( old mechanic trick ) Also you can try and heat the screw head with a small soldering iron to help if its seized.

nctrucker

thanks! i will try to do both.