cayucos/morro bay, june 6-9, fishing june 7th, 2019 - Cancelled due to weather!!

Started by alantani, May 16, 2019, 06:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

Not as bad as a few years ago, you mean the waves aren't coming over the pier? Seems doable. :)
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

MarkT

That's cuz' you're from much further north where those conditions are considered sporting.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MarkT

9' swells with a 9 sec period and 20-30 mph winds?  Yeah, I'll watch from home on tv!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Ron Jones

I'm just pulling your leg, I wouldn't want to be in that in a submarine.
Ron Jones
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

theswimmer

We were bummed we couldn't make it but Miss Mari will be doing this ,
http://www.sanjoaquinrunning.com/shadow-of-the-giants-50k-20k-fun-run
Once again she is on pace to be ranked in the top 2 % in her age group   for the 50 kilo.
50k races are no joke and I will be fishing some spots no body else goes........

Kinda glad weather is what it is .
This low will really work to Mari's advantage as she has much better times when it is cool. .
Should be sub 5.5 hours for 50 kilometers

Wish her luck everyone!
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

3rd place in the 50 ......
Awesome performance against some of the elite runners in California .

Having a glass of  Merlot and some Marinara pasta served to her in bed !
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

foakes

Congratulations, Mari!

Excellent performance!

Yeah, 9' @ 9 second intervals is sort of like looking down into a washing machine when on agitate — no thanks on the boat ride.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

David Hall

Quote from: theswimmer on June 09, 2019, 01:46:40 AM

Having a glass of  Merlot and some Marinara pasta served to her in bed !

If it were me, they'd be feeding me intravenously in the hospital, or worse?

Dominick

Congratulations Mari.  Jon and Mari have a great relationship.  She runs and Jon fishes.  Not bad!  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

David Hall

Quote from: Dominick on June 09, 2019, 03:57:50 PM
Congratulations Mari.  Jon and Mari have a great relationship.  She runs and Jon fishes.  Not bad!  Dominick

The question is:
Does she run to get away?
Or does she run so he wont get away?
LOL

El Pescador

Quote from: theswimmer on June 09, 2019, 01:46:40 AM

Jonathan,

During our 2017 Edison Lake High Sierra fishing & camping trip, several of us were at the camp table talking about our pulse rates.

The number stated were:  72, 84 & 92 beats per minute.

Miss Mari, quietly & calmly said, "Mine is 50".

We all polietly asked her to leave the table ;D

The women is in shape!!!!

We need to plan a 2019 High Sierra trip for sure.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

foakes

Mari is really in shape — and pushes herself probably past sane limits — however, her results and fitness are super-impressive.  Plus she is smart as a whip — quiet, but friendly.

I recall her relating some of her history (if she is embarrassed about this, Jonathan, I will delete it) —

A few years ago, her health was very poor.  She could barely walk 50 feet.  She and Jonathan were both worried.

Then she just decided to do a little bit more each day.  Within a few weeks she was able to walk to the mailboxes, about 1/5 of a mile down the road.  After that she walked, then jogged, then ran.  Soon she was competing in races and marathons — testing her limits (she hasn't found many yet).

Trail running in the high country (mostly solo) above 7000 feet — is one of her passions and expertises.  This is only a sport for the best of the fit — as it takes more than just physical ability.  It also requires balance, judgement, self awareness, confidence in their outdoor skills, as well as a solid mental fitness.

She has many talents — this is only one of them.

We attended Church early this morning, got back, I did a little Cardio on the Elliptical for 20 minutes, hit the shower, finished breakfast, and now will try to knock out about 3-4 reels upstairs in the shop.

Just checked my resting heart rate (RHR) — it is at 60.  Sometimes when I first wake up in the morning, it is at 55, or so.   Never as low as 50.  That shows what good physical condition Mari is in.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

theswimmer

David , I have been working in the yard alot this morning.
Miss Mari is a little cranky ....#.,.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Ya Fred she is a beast. And smart as well .
Makes me look like the poser I am !
Mari sends her best .
When we were on our way home after the race Mari's resting heart rate was ranging between 38 bpm and 42 .
Of course that was with me driving in the Saturday afternoon tourist traffic headed for Yosemite ...,.

Errol Flynn