big fish rods - an answer from mark at charkbait

Started by alantani, October 17, 2011, 04:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

http://charkbait.evecommunity.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5281010491/m/810001085001

QuoteOriginally posted by Samada:
I am considering a 15 day trip next year and I could use some advice on the purchase of a rod for the Cows. SS 2*4 or CalStar? I would appreciate any suggestions you make.

Tight Lines,
Samada

QuoteOriginally posted by Chark:
Nice to have options. Randy at Seeker was responsible for developing the 2x4 rod based upon the experience of a particularly dedicated long range angler's needs. Calstar responded with their 770, available in more line classes (really drag settings). Seeker further developed the 1x3 and 3x5 versions for both lighter and heavier lines. So, at this point there are six or seven rods from these two manufacturers for use at the rail (and on the rail). United Composites has also developed some blanks for this purpose, with appropriate actions and design.

For a trip of the length you mention, these rods will do you very well, worth owning! Which manufacturer, well that's a subjective personal decision. All are exceptional, all well made for the application you intend, and all would get the job done excedingly well. I'd like to suggest dropping over to one of our shops to get a feel for your options. In general I can say that the Calstar may be a very small bit lighter, and the Super Seeker may feel more powerful. But, both are excellent choices.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!