Quantum Reel Parts

Started by MeanMachine, October 29, 2011, 06:02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanMachine

My Quantum e7-2 handle knob was eaten by a rodent.  Where can you get replacement parts for Quantum reels?  I have several of them including the Great white series.  Most of the parts websites do not have Quantum parts listed.  Any recommendations??  Your help with this matter is much appreciated

redsetta

Nice avatar MM - keen hunter meself.
Don't get Big Horn like that in NZ.
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

MeanMachine

That one was taken on the eradication hunt at Kahuku Ranch.  Too bad they will be a thing of the past soon in that area.

kamuwela

what island are you on? try lance at 5O7C 808- 843-8111 or roy's in aiea.

MeanMachine

I'm on Kauai. Will try those shops in Oahu. Thanks

JGB

Try this:
http://www.quantumfishing.com/CustomerService/replacementparts.aspx

You may have to call or email them for your reel model (I did not see it).

Their prices ave very good from Quantum - May be why parts centers don't stock them.

Jim N.

MeanMachine

MeanMachine

Still unsuccessful, maybe a custom handle???

Ken_D

Hi. Try this page.... the E reels are about 1/2 way down.  Once at link below, click schematics, then click archived.
Hope it helps, that you can still find the part.  Good fixing and fishing.  KD

http://www.tackleservice.com/Consumer/KnowledgeBase.aspx

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MeanMachine

Thanks Alan,  I looked at those and the ones on your website and i'm wondering if those handles are too large for my reel.  I've enclosed a photo.  See what you think and let me know.
Mahalo!!

Alto Mare

I don't see anything wrong with that handle. Is the looks of it bothering you, or is it the functionality?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

MeanMachine

It is functional.  The grip is what is bothering me. I have other grips that could replace it but cannot figure out how to disassemble it. 

Alto Mare

I don't know much about that handle. On my Penn's I've used one of these 3 things, a hacksaw, a file and sometimes a drill. I'm sure that you'll figure it out.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

you'll need to save the handle arm......

drill out the back of the rivet that holds the handle grip.  then you will have to enlarge the hole slightly to accomodate the screw that bolts on a kolekar grip or one of the grips from smoothdrag.com. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!