USPS Surprise

Started by Midway Tommy, August 14, 2019, 05:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

Quote from: oc1 on August 15, 2019, 05:43:09 AM
It's hard to imagine how.
-steve

Steve, takes nothing away this little gem but I believe this little reel came about from a sand cast... Jeff

steelfish

Tommy

do you have a van staal reel?

it would be cool to see this small reel along a normal size VS

The Baja Guy

Midway Tommy

Quote from: steelfish on August 15, 2019, 05:45:19 PM
Tommy

do you have a van staal reel?

it would be cool to see this small reel along a normal size VS

Nope. Wish I did but they're way above my financial means!  ::) I'd have to buy a cemetery plot in conjunction, too, because Da Mama would kill me.  ;D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

steelfish

Quote from: Midway Tommy on August 15, 2019, 05:55:21 PM
Nope. Wish I did but they're way above my financial means! 
dang.. too bad, it would be a great pic that small gem along the VS on the biggest size model as the VS300

I'd have to buy a cemetery plot in conjunction, too, because Da Mama would kill me.  ;D
LOL that made me spit my coffee

I have a VS275 and its really big, I dont use it that much cuz its too big for inshore fishing and for off-shore I dont use spinning, but I ended up getting it from a guy that didnt wanted it (he had problems with his left shoulder) and offered to me as payment for service/fix 10 reels including few upgrades.
https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=13829.0

considering the size of your reel compared to the penny coin it would look funny along this VS275

The Baja Guy

Midway Tommy

Quote from: steelfish on August 15, 2019, 07:20:26 PM

I'd have to buy a cemetery plot in conjunction, too, because Da Mama would kill me.  ;D
LOL that made me spit my coffee

I have a VS275 and its really big, I dont use it that much cuz its too big for inshore fishing and for off-shore I dont use spinning, but I ended up getting it from a guy that didnt wanted it (he had problems with his left shoulder) and offered to me as payment for service/fix 10 reels including few upgrades.

Given that you "don't use it that much", if you ever feel like gifting it I know a very willing recipient.  ;D

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

steelfish

Quote from: Midway Tommy on August 15, 2019, 08:22:03 PM
Given that you "don't use it that much", if you ever feel like gifting it I know a very willing recipient.  ;D

LOL I was expecting that answer  ::) ::)

Quote from: Midway Tommy on August 15, 2019, 08:22:03 PM
Given that you "don't use it that much"

I really need to change that and start using it more even for fish for triggerfish and spotted bay bass from the shore, just love how our friend Benny use the penn torque spinning to catch trouts and penn 16-0 to catch green Bass, etc.

The Baja Guy

oc1

If I had one of those, I'd have to use it to justify the cost.
-steve

Midway Tommy

Quote from: oc1 on August 15, 2019, 05:43:09 AM
It's hard to imagine how.
-steve

I decided I might as well do some exploring, otherwise my reputation might be shattered. It has a main gear, pinion gear and oscillation block.  8) I lubed it with a little Super Lube before I closed him back up. Man those screw are tiny for these decrepit ol' fingers.  ::)

Here he is next to a big old Luxor Saumon Mer Ledger NR-3-LA. Looks like an embryo.  ;D

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

oc1

Quote from: Midway Tommy on August 19, 2019, 03:17:00 AM
Looks like an embryo. 
Funny Tommy.  Well, I guess here are people in this world who can make clocks and watches too.  But, just think of the time that went into it.
-steve

Dominick

Wow!  Great find Tommy.  Good luck and thanks for taking us inside.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

steelfish

Quote from: Midway Tommy on August 19, 2019, 03:17:00 AM

Here he is next to a big old Luxor Saumon Mer Ledger NR-3-LA. Looks like an embryo.  ;D

its a boy !!

great pic Tommy
The Baja Guy

Gfish

Cool.
I was really interested in seeing the innards of that... ah, what would you call it?
Most of us here probably have that desire, from the time we were kids, to see how things are made and work. Oh man, how many machines, especially reels, did I end up having extra parts for after assembly?...
I recently went to work on a M.G. 302 and with Fred's help will get it up to par. Left the spring-side bail arm, and return system alone, but one a these days...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Fishead

I bet it holds 50 yds of 6lb braid. You could make a rod for it by cutting down a 3' ice fishing blank. Super micro. Smuggle it in to places that say no fishing. Golf course special.
If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!

nelz

Wow, super cool. Is it home-made or is it in production?

RickFlorida