Custom Rod & Reel Cabinet

Started by Alto Mare, November 03, 2011, 01:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

Wrong spot.. right spot, I don't care that is one heck of a cabinet for that reel collection ;D I want to come and play with Sals reel collection. The fish fit perfectly with that cabinet,your daughter deserves some **** for her hand in the build too. 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

MarkT

Okay, I assume in the past 3 years since this was originally posted that your wife has new kitchen cabinets too?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

SoCalAngler

Tiddlerbasher

Luv the reel cabinet but where's the wife's new kitchen ;)

foakes

Really well done, Sal --

What did you assemble the face frame with -- dowels, Biscuits, or pocket screws?

And did you use a router table for the edges -- or a shaper?

Small thing -- but nice the way you lined up the cupboard door knobs with the drawer knob.

Lot of talent!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on December 01, 2014, 10:29:00 PM
Luv the reel cabinet but where's the wife's new kitchen ;)
SSSHHH!!!!...... ;D
Quote from: foakes on December 01, 2014, 10:44:28 PM
Really well done, Sal --

What did you assemble the face frame with -- dowels, Biscuits, or pocket screws?

And did you use a router table for the edges -- or a shaper?

Small thing -- but nice the way you lined up the cupboard door knobs with the drawer knob.

Lot of talent!

Best,

Fred
Pocket screws Fred and a hand held router with a nice bit.

Thanks guys!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

CaptainRMF

Hey Sal, from one wood wittler to another, that is a thing of beauty. It's amazing what can be done with recycled lumber. I'm sure the tree that gave you the lumber is a very proud parent of your baby!!! ;D
Richy aka CaptainRMF

the rockfish ninja

You know that sound they use in the movies when something really miraculous happens, it sounds like the angels are singing with violins backing them up, like the heavens opens up. That's the sound that comes out when I see those pics. Impressive work sir!!!, now go fix your wife's cabinet.
Deadly Sebastes assassin.

LI Guy

Beautiful work Sal. This is obviously not new to you.

ez2cdave

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 03, 2011, 01:31:28 AM
Last week I came across some old, rough-sawed lumber and I decided to recycle it. I couldn't think of a better way to use it, so I made this custom rod & reel cabinet. I always told my daughter that I would find the "perfect" place to display the fish she made me when she was little...well, here it is! Problem is, my wife took one look at the cabinet and complained, "I don't have one working drawer in my kitchen and you're wasting your time on this?" Oh well, you can't please them all, right?  Enjoy!

I know who would have LOVED this . . . Zane Grey ( See attached )

Tight Lines !

gstours

Wow 👌👌. You're the new standard to judge our lack of accomplishment...... if I was to try this stunt I'd be sleeping 💤 outside.   I hardly have time to paint the bathroom 🚽.  Maybe I fish 🐠 too much?   Thanks 🙏 for the renewed hope!!!!  Very nice job, buddy,  it shows you organized.  Thanks for sharing.   

David Hall

My wife's kitchen is done! 

Alto Mare

Cool looking kitchen Dave. I won't show my wife ;) ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Darin Crofton

Holy cow, Sal, just seeing your post here for the first time and have to say what a beautiful piece you built man, seriously cool! Darin
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?