Custom Rod & Reel Cabinet

Started by Alto Mare, November 03, 2011, 01:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Thanks guys!
Whiteman, you musn't have seen Broadway's collection.

Dom , if I give her a new kitchen, there won't be anything left for my gear ;)
By the way, there are a couple of brand new 118's and 116's in that cabinet. Most of my new reels are stashed away in their boxes.

Thanks again guys, I'm glad that you enjoyed it.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Norcal Pescador

Hey Dom -
What do you think is in his closet that he hasn't told us (or his wife) about? ;D ;D
Oops Sal. You better move that stuff before your wife looks in the closet! :o
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

hafnor

That is awesome!!! I thought I had a lot of gear... ;D

broadway

Gotta love a guy with "a couple of brand new 118's and 116's in *THAT* cabinet." Did ya notice that very important word there, Rob!?!  I bet he's got that guy in the photo of the month last month in his closet making him all those nice BRAND NEW reels for his cabinets, displays, and fishing  ;D

...Oh, Hafnor, you probably do have a lot of gear... if YOU think you do ;)
Dom

MeanMachine

That cabinet is awesome!!!!!  How do you attach the spinning reels to the door like that? I need to get going on a project like that to organize my stuff!

Alto Mare

Thanks, Mean Machine! I'm glad you like it. That's a very good question that you're asking. You must know how hard it is to store spinners safely. What I did was to cut a piece of  1X PVC 2" wide. I then placed two grooves in the back, about 3/8" deep x 3/4" wide, the grooves are 5 1/2" apart so that the reels don't touch. I also notched the top of the piece so as to keep the reel from moving sideways. To keep the foot protected from damage, I placed a piece of vinyl on the back side and screwed the piece on top. Here is a picture of what I did. I'm showing it on wood, but I actually used PVC. By the way, I just installed some nice locks on the cabinet to keep my wife from selling it all off! Hope you find this information helpful. Take care, Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Panama

Get on the water, Man!!!

Dominick

Sal:  Just got back from Cabo.  So this is a couple of days late.  Wow! that is really cool.  I need something like that to put my wine in.  Come on out to CA, I'll buy your plane ticket and feed you while you work ;D.  Check the fishing reports in a day or so.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Thanks Dominick, I'm glad you like it. I've been checking the fishing report daily, someone mentioned that they would post around thanksgiving  :-\.  Offering me the ticket to come over tells me that you didn't do too bad. Glad to have you back safe...can't wait for the full report ;).

Thanks also to you Anthony...Glad you liked it.

Dominick

Sal go to the fishing reports section.  I posted a link and will put up other pictures later.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

MRN

Great collection of reels and beautiful cabinet!!

(no crown molding?)

John

Alto Mare

Welcome aboard, John! I'm glad you like my stuff.
I was tempted with the crown molding, but didn't want to press my luck with the wife ;D.
She's already complaning that my fishing room is starting to looks better than her kitchen...isn't it supposed to? ;)

MarkT

Very nice but you made it too small 'cuz it's already full!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Keta

Nice!  I can do metal but I just can not seem to be able to work with wood.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

This one is an older post guys, I found it by the welcome thread and decided to move it.
Looks like I placed it at the wrong spot :-\, sorry I was trying to do it quietly ;D

Sal