TAKING ORDERS FOR FEBRUARY '21 N220XN TIBURON EXTRA NARROW NEWELL 200 SERIES KIT

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, September 11, 2019, 07:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Maxed Out

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

GoldenRage

Vintage Offshore Tackle

The new Tiburon N220XN is an extra narrow (1 1/4" wide) frame/spool/rod clamp kit for the Newell 200 series.  We just placed the order with Tiburon today and have been given an ETA of 12/15/19, which would allow us to deliver them before Christmas if they arrive on schedule. 

After subtracting the orders that we have already taken, there are 15 kits still available.  The frame width is 3/8" narrower than the 220, 7/8" narrower than the 229 and more 1 3/16" narrower than the 235.  Tiburon has designed special offset rod clamp brackets that provide a space of 1 5/16" to allow for mounting on most deckhand style rods except for those having an extremely large butt diameter.

If you would like to order any kits, please post your order here or send me a PM.  If you already placed your order on our original exploratory post, you don't need to do it again here.

The kits are $129 plus $5.53 for shipping to anywhere in the USA by USPS first class parcel with tracking, and will fit any 200 series Newell reel.  The photos below are of the extra narrow kits that we ran for the Newell 300 series, just to give you an idea of what they would look like.

Thank you,

Randy

Thank you,

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Swami805 on September 12, 2019, 02:58:52 AM
You know I'm in Randy, great idea!
Maybe a narrow kit for a 600 someday?
Thanks!

We are a go on the XN 200 series kits Sheridan.  Any chance that you might want to trade some rod work for the kit?

Thanks,

Randy

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

fordfox

Randy, I would be interested in One (1) xtra narrow newell 200 kit

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: fordfox on November 01, 2019, 11:41:42 PM
Randy, I would be interested in One (1) xtra narrow newell 200 kit

Tom, we have requests for all 50 kits, but a few people are undoubtedly going to flake out, so you would be first in line for one of those kits.  If that's OK with you, please PM or email me your shipping address and the email address for your PayPal account and we will send you a PayPal invoice as soon as the kits are ready to be picked up.  Tiburon has given us a estimated delivery date of Mid-December.

Thank you,

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I have good news and bad news from Tiburon regarding the new N220XN extra narrow kits for the Newell 200 series reels.  The good news is that Tiburon has notified me that they will have the N220XN extra narrow ready on Thursday December 19 and I will be going down to Orange County on Thursday to pick them up.  I will ship as many as possible on Saturday and the rest of Monday.

The bad news is that there is no room for the extended rod clamp bracket on these kits because the bulge at the bottom of the 200 series right side plate is in the way, so these kits will not be usable on a deckhand style rods unless you use an aftermarket rod clamp kit.  One bit of good news there for those of you who are using rods with reel seats (as opposed to deckhand style rods with not reel seat) who do not need rod clamps, the price will be reduced by $9 to $120.  One other bit of good news is that without the rod clamp brackets, for those of you who like to palm the reel or like to keep your left hand in close, you won't have to worry about the discomfort of rubbing your hand or wrist on the rod clamp.  

For those who fish deckhand style, there are two options.  One is to cancel your order with my apology for the mistake, and if you have sent any money already, receive a full and immediate refund, no hard feelings.  A second option is that Tiburon has offered to produce a modified version of their Accurate rod clamp kit (TCU-Accurate) if I buy 15 sets which will allow the N220XN (and the P21XN Jigmaster and N322XN Newell and P16XN Squidder kits to work on all but the extremely large diameter deckhand style rods.  Unfortunately, these kits are pricey.  Tiburon charges $53 for the Accurate kit and they will sell N22OXN version to me for $35.  If anyone would like one, I will sell them at my cost.  They would be ready in early January.

If you have a kit on order, please let me know if you would like to cancel it due to the lack of an inexpensive rod clamp kit.  If you are OK with your N220XNs without the rod clamp kit, they are $120 plus $5.53 for shipping to anywhere in the USA by USPS first class parcel with tracking, and I would appreciate it if you would please send payment to our PayPal account at rosygirl900@aol.com.  If you need me to send you a PayPal or Square.com invoice, or if you would like to send a check or money order and need my address, please PM me and I will take care of it.

Thank you,

Randy
PS: Here is a look at the difference in width between the 1 5/8" wide standard 220 and the 1 1/4"wide N220XN.  It is actually a P16XN kit but it is the same size and just for comparison.  All of the N220XN kits are black.

Swami805

Looking good Randy,going to be Arundell reel. A Duran clamp might work too, same amount of money about but could be an option for those that have one. I have a Duran super clamp, I'll try it and see
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Fishamen7

Hello Randy
If these clamps fit the jigmaster Xn I would like to purchase 2 of them.
Thanks
Jason

Vintage Offshore Tackle

We picked up the new N220XN kits for the Newell 200 series at Tiburon on Thursday and are ready to ship.  If you ordered one, please send payment asap to our PayPal account at Rosygirl900@aol.com.  If you would like us to send you a PayPal invoice, please send a PM with the email account with your PayPal email address.  If you would prefer to pay with a check or money order or by Zelle or Square, please send us a PM and we will send you the info. If you would like yours shipped before this weekend, please send payment tonight as we are not going to be able to ship after tomorrow morning until the weekend.

Please also see our previous post regarding the lack of rod clamp kits for these kits, and the price reduction to $120.  If you do not want the kit without the rod clamp, and do not want to buy the special TCU-Accurate rod clamp kit, please let us know and we will cancel your order.

All of the kits are currently spoken for, but if did not order one and would like one, please let us know and we will add your name to the list.  Usually there are a few kits that are not paid for within a reasonable time (2 weeks?) and those become available.

Thank you,

Randy

swill88

Nice Randy, thanks.
Where is the included nylon washer intended to be used?
Steve