Mang

Finally got me a smaller bearing packer and bearing blaster all in one for less then 15 bucks.

PacRat

Mang,
Where did you get that bearing packer?

swill88

SoCalAngler

I see them as cheap as $21.57 on Amazon.

I'd like to see how one works first though.

swill88

Quote from: SoCalAngler on May 10, 2016, 12:23:13 AM
I see them as cheap as $21.57 on Amazon.

I'd like to see how one works first though.

right now it's $44+

looks efficient..

Mang

Ebay. Search abc hobby bearing fresher

Mang

Took me months just for the guy to put on eBay.  I ordered 2 from Japan and the other from rcmart eBay guys. Both at 15 bucks ;)

Mang

Best packer iv found so far.  Compared to the greaser

Rancanfish

I don't buy anything that ships from overseas on EBay.  Just a rule I stick to.

And definitely not worth $44.00.  $21.00 on Amazon I might add it.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Tiddlerbasher

The Boss's bearing packer is still working great for me - can't see the need for another one :)

handi2

No way for me. I can do it faster by hand and no cleanup.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

handi2

Quote from: PacRat on April 17, 2016, 02:58:01 AM
Sid is right...everyone needs a set of these: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/264720/wheeler-engineering-43-piece-professional-gunsmithing-screwdriver-set

If you like guns too, get the bigger set as it has special bits that you'll need. The small set in the link has every size you will ever need for reels and will keep your screws in perfect condition.

-Mike

I have the same screwdriver set from Wheeler. It's a great set for the money and I haven't broken any bits.

For brushes I use natural hair paint brushes. They don't wear out or loses any bristles. Regular artist brushes. I can get flux brushes free but just don't like it when the bristles come out.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

JohnDeereMoxie

Hi Alan my name is Sam; I'm new here. I have an old Penn no 155 that was my grandfathers. I cleaned most of it and oiled what I could. What type of wrench do I need to take the handle off to get into the gear box to see what's going on there. The clicker sounds great but I think there is some slippage in the gears. Thanks. And great forum. Just getting into the hobby with my grandfathers old stuff

sdlehr

Quote from: JohnDeereMoxie on August 24, 2016, 01:00:05 PM
Hi Alan my name is Sam; I'm new here. I have an old Penn no 155 that was my grandfathers. I cleaned most of it and oiled what I could. What type of wrench do I need to take the handle off to get into the gear box to see what's going on there. The clicker sounds great but I think there is some slippage in the gears. Thanks. And great forum. Just getting into the hobby with my grandfathers old stuff
Welcome, Sam. There is a special wrench first made by Penn, now available several places that you need for those scalloped nuts. They come free with each reel. I have an extra. PM me your address and I'd be happy to send it to you NC as an initiation present :)

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Tiddlerbasher