The Punisher fishing rod Calstar 6460H

Started by steelfish, January 28, 2020, 02:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

the first rod of 2020, it might not sound correctly if I say it but looks pretty good, I liked it a lot !!
it was a good way to start the year 2020 with a great blank and great rod with one of my favorites personal anti-heroes, the punisher.

the only thing I would had done differently is to install new fuji HB guides but the owner wanted the same guides.

The Baja Guy

steelfish

few more
The Baja Guy

steelfish

the last one is how the rod looked when it was factory wrapped

I hope you liked what you see ;)
The Baja Guy

sabaman1

The rod looks absolutely astounding!! Great job Alex!
JIM

Swami805

Looks great Alex, love the transition at the end of the fore grip, super clean!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Cor

Wow very nice!   Not so long ago you were just starting to build rods.
Cornelis

redsetta

Great work Alex - and a terrific theme!
Thanks for sharing.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Dominick

Alex you continue to astound.  Your rods are beautiful.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

PacRat

Shark Hunter

Oh Man! That is one sweet build Compadre.
I like the Punisher! ;)
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Alex, your work was already great, but looks lie it's getting even better and I didn't know it could be.
Beautiful job on that pole, love it!

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

conchydong

Newell Nut

Wow Alex, you really started the year out great. I really like your transitions from the fore grip which is one the things that I like to do. It just looks cleaner to me. Great job. The Fuji HB you mentioned would have been great and the 80LB Alps guides are great guides for a few bucks less.

You really have a good eye for color and a good imagination to be creative. Keep up the good work.

Dwight

steelfish

Quote from: Cor on January 28, 2020, 02:56:07 AM
Wow very nice!   Not so long ago you were just starting to build rods.
I still feel like starting to build rods, on every rod I still learn a trick or two, so I prepare my mind to apply it on the next rod, I think this will be fun as long as I dont consider rod building a JOB, so far so good.

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 28, 2020, 07:04:08 AM
Alex, ................it's getting even better and I didn't know it could be.
Sal
now thats a compliment I will remember   !!  thanks compadre Sal
specially coming from a guy that made those great handle knobs

Quote from: Swami805 on January 28, 2020, 02:54:45 AM
Looks great Alex, love the transition at the end of the fore grip, super clean!
thanks compa Sheridan, I always look some custom rods and feel like they are missing something at the end of foregrip.

Quote from: Newell Nut on January 28, 2020, 03:14:37 PM
I really like your transitions from the fore grip which is one the things that I like to do. It just looks cleaner to me. Great job.
thanks compadre Dwight, Im with you on this.

The Fuji HB you mentioned would have been great and the 80LB Alps guides are great guides for a few bucks less.
Dwight
I like also the XH ALPS guides as you said, my "superman themed" personal rod has a XH set on it and seems that my next personal rod will be wearing those too.

thanks for the kinds words to the rest of the ohana, I feel like Im saying this too much lately but I really wouldnt be building rods like this if wasnt for the help of many of the ohana guys, I just needed a push and lots of help on tricks, tips, "secrets", etc from the seasoned rodsmithers on the at family.

You really have a good eye for color and a good imagination to be creative. Keep up the good work. Dwight
my QC person is my 15yo daughter, when Im doubt on a color scheme I ask her to chose one of the other option Im debating.
The Baja Guy