Bucket list

Started by Benni3, February 19, 2020, 01:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

Everyone has a different type of bucket list,,,,,, ;) well mine is a bait tank,,,,somewhere to set ,,,rod holder,,,,tackle box,,,, :D I pick up stickers here and there,,,,,a top is of my bucket list now,,,,,,,, ;D

oc1

Quote from: Benni3 on February 19, 2020, 01:45:46 AM
a top is on my bucket list now

There is a black one with a squishy plastic top that's comfortable to sit on.  Home Despot and elsewhere,
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bucket-Companion-Padded-Seat-Lid-for-5-gal-and-3-gal-Bucket-BC12PSL/205724811
-steve

steelfish

you can customize a 5g bucket for all your fishing needs.

options are endless
The Baja Guy

Crow

One of those *tall* buckets (6 gallon) , with a "cushie* top and a bucket 'organizer' is my go-to for ice fishing...or it WAS until I "discovered" Alabama in the wintertime ;D
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

I like that one,,,,,,,, ;D

philaroman

for a lighter, smaller, more stowable DIY version, I like the square kitty litter buckets
INSULATED: cut as much as needed off the top & Gorilla in a 2nd bucket

Crow

Yah....got a couple of those too...... :D
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

Got the top in,,,,, ;) now just to wait for a couple of stickers I got off ebay ,,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Got 1 more sticker in today and looking at stuff I got around the house I could put on,,,,,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I had to pant a bumper yesterday and clear coat is expensive,,,,, ;) but had enough left over to do my bucket,,,,, :D all finished now,,,,,,, ;D

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

philaroman

now, all you need is an UNUSED adult potty chair
for the back-rest, arm-rests and adjustable rod-holder framework
;D  ;D  ;D

JoseCuervo

Bennie, are you looking to transport and store bait fish from point A to B, or just catch them one way and use them onsite another way? Or just carry a bunch of gear / stuff and have somewhere to sit down?

A 3 gallon bucket like from a cat litter bucket, with a tight fitting lid, drilled with a bunch of 1/4 or 3/8 inch holes near the top (the last two top inches of the sides and the entire top), starting at least 10 inches from the bottom makes a great live bait bucket with no additional aeration needed. It holds water for the bait to live on when you need to pull it in to rebait a hook, and it aerates itself with fresh local water when you don't. Catch them in a minnow trap or whatever, dump them in the bucket, snap the lid on, and with a rope tied to the bail handle pitch that bucket out wherever. It is commonly used to hold pinners caught here off of ocean piers that you then use to catch larger fish that live further out.

Carry on with the jist of this pic, lots of small holes above that double lip including the lid . It needs to hold like 80 percent or so (or whatever) of the water the bucket should hold, if there weren't a bunch of holes in it. In California lakes you can only use live bait you caught in that same waterway so we don't transport fresh water bait fish.

Get an aluminum folding director's chair to kick it in, sitting on a bucket sucks, even one with a padded lid. Use the oxygenated water you have, there is no need to bring more, or power to run a pump.

Like this, but no holes in the side below the double ridges. Make it hold most of the water it should.