Omoto 12 Triple Series

Started by Alto Mare, May 28, 2014, 01:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

Here are few pictures of the catches  from a customer who bought couples of the OMOTO Triple reels in narrow spool.

Shark Hunter

Keith,
What happened to your pictures of the Snapper and Shark? :'(
Life is Good!

maxpowers

Here are a couple of pictures of some mahi mahi that I caught on the triple narrow this past weekend on a trip on the Pride out of San Diego.

handi2

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 28, 2014, 02:41:03 AM
Keith,
What happened to your pictures of the Snapper and Shark? :'(

They were taken on my sons phone and now they are somewhere in outer space..??
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Black Pearl

If any member is looking for the OMOTO Triple 2 speeds in wide or narrow spool, you can get it from my online store www.mkt.com/pro-challenger-llc

Thanks,
--Alan

mario

Alan how much is shipping this reel to Europe !! ;)

Black Pearl

Quote from: mario on October 19, 2014, 08:36:01 AM
Alan how much is shipping this reel to Europe !! ;)
Sorry, I am not allowed to sell to Europe per Omoto's requested.

Thanks,
Alan

Wolli

@Mario

Recommend to contact one of the European dealers.
www.fishing-tackle.com.tw/Dealers.php
Saves expensive transport charges (around 40 USD) plus import duties (3.7pct) plus tax (depends of your country).

alternative have a look to the ADRENALIN reels of BALZER Germany (page 26-28)
www.balzer.de/katalog/en/index.html#/28/zoomed
The reels are build by OMOTO in same quality!
The cheapest price for the TSN-12II LH or RH found in Ebay
www.ebay.de/itm/Balzer-Adrenalin-II-2-AN-10-AN-12-TSN-12-TSN-14-L-LH-RH-8-Modelle-Multirolle-NEW-/271306037700?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

maxpowers

caught 10 of them this weekend on the omoto triple

Gfish

Quote from: Black Pearl on June 04, 2014, 12:09:40 PM
Easy, fellas...

Everybody has his own opinion. Most Westerners don't like anything that is made in China or Taiwan. It is ok. OMOTO will need to prove to all anglers that its products stand on its own.

About tackle manufacturers are copying each other, let's put it out there that every one copies from PENN at first. On the other hand, if you open up a smaller Okuma Makaira 8, 10 or 12, and an AVET Raptor, you will see that both are almost identical inside. I have read that both companies were trying to patent the drag system function, and I don't know who got it. In this case, who copies who? Since Okuma is Taiwan based company, so most Westerners will state that Okuma is, but how do we know...

Just fish and fish hard, and keep the party going......

Taiwan 'n China, Asian countries yeah,  and Taiwan's roots are chinese(except for the long, long ago aboriginal people), but I believe Taiwan's culture, business and manufacturing practices have been Japan influenced and quality products are probably their goal, to establish a strong market presence. I'm perhaps prejudiced, as my in-laws are from Taiwan. I know only what they tell me - My wife:"I will not buying car unless Japanese, and making in Japan factory"! Taiwan is a democracy, the workers are well paid, and my brother in-law was once dispatched from his boat building factory employer ( in Taiwan) to Tokyo to learn better manufacturing practices. In the 60's when I's a kid it seemed like everything from Japan was junk, especially with bendable, breakable, stripable pot metal and poor manufacturing practices. They made $ and put it into R&D, with a long range plan, and quality went way up. Unfortunately, globalism and competition have lessened said quality, but much of their stuff remains top notch. I see Taiwanese fishing products on the up-swing and now might the the time to get in on some a their products, while prices'er low and service is gettin' better.
Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Cor

I sort of read through this old thread and notice many questions asked about the quality of the reels made under this name.
For about 10 years these have been sold and in use here under various brand names and mostly as a copy of the very popular Shimano 20/40 star drag, of which I understand it is a near 100% copy and some parts are even interchangeable!   I have not opened one or used one so its hear say.

A fair number of them, are in use by guys fishing for Yellowtail from shore and that is a very severe test on the durability of any reel, that I will vouch for.

I have not once heard anyone complain about these reels, or heard of any breaking and those who own them are more then happy with their purchase at 2/3 of the price of the Shimano model!

Maybe this info is useful to someone.

Cornelis

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

here's the narrow version. while doing the pre-use i discovered that the 2nd drag washer is teflon. also saw that it has a provision for an anti-reverse bearing so i called Alan C. and guess what he gives me both the carbon fibre drag washer and AR bearing for free. Thanks again Alan C.!

OMOTO Triple MLBar

handi2

I broke mine down today because it's never been serviced. I say the milling in the side plate for the anti reverse bearing. My pinion bearing was going bad.

The bearing used is the same one used in many reels. Torium/Trinidad, Penn 750ssm, and many more. The inner sleeve is what I didn't have. I found one to fit the main shaft that came from a Fin Nor Lethal 100. I also tried the taller anti reverse bearings but they were too tall. The inner sleeve has to be cut the same length as the stock brass bushing.

It all fits and works great.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL