Alutecnos gorilla 12c, preservice and breakdown

Started by hafnor, April 27, 2012, 05:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

anthony

I know this is an old post , just hoping somebody can give me hopes. The bolt that hold the handle into the main gear ( bolt  broke into the threat.
Don't know what metal are those bolts made that is impossible to drill it out in order to extract it & make a new tread on it . SS is that hard ?
Im now sending it to a CNC machine shop in Virginia that makes an all USA reel ,Release reels. Hopefully Wes will be able to help.

I talk to Mason in Alutecnos FL to check the possibility of an old drive gear at the workshop or ordering one from Italy that cost me $44.

Has anyone had that issue before , that bolt was just IMPOSIBLE to remove from the handle at first before it snapped inn two pieces.

jt2hunt

My handle broke and I have been unable to remove the screw holding the handle on the main gear!

alantani

i looked and can't find any info on this reel.  it is possible that the screw is left handed.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

jt2hunt

It is not a reverse thread.  I just got a better set of allen wrenches and it came off easily.  Not sure why they even send the ones in the box. 

alantani

there are screw extractor sets, but i still don't know if you need a right hand or left hand extractor.  this one is really messed up, isn't it.  you might have to just send it in.  found a few places on a google search.   :-\

https://www.fishermansoutfitter.com/services/

https://www.bulluna.com/collections/alutecnos?gclid=Cj0KCQjwp_DPBRCZARIsAGOZYBTsxq8jQ44ODLlPmjrtjuoixEx5A2YjZpZQPyuefbXecQlq0lEhnRkaAivDEALw_wcB
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

jt2hunt

I got it out.  I edited my post.  I almost feel stupid for using the one sent in the reel box.

It is a normal threaded direction, right handed.

Wolli

the pics from the first post are lost in photobucket......
I store my pics on external hard disks only where they are save stored.

Attached pls find the original post, enjoy

Wolli

love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)