Tiburon SST 6/50 Smart Shift 2-Speed

Started by reelspeedsouth, November 25, 2011, 07:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tosserlures

Quote from: Mac53 on September 22, 2013, 04:31:10 PM
I was very close to purchasing two of these reels but they are not going to be manufactured anymore.  Really good engineering but not enough market share to be sustained.  To bad!

Has this info been confirmed by Tiburon Eng any where?
Great reels, would be sad to see them go.

PS, saw it on Charkbaits site  :'(  Glad i have got my 2, just need to look after them now.

SkipABeat

Quote from: tosserlures on February 02, 2014, 11:05:35 PM
Quote from: Mac53 on September 22, 2013, 04:31:10 PM
I was very close to purchasing two of these reels but they are not going to be manufactured anymore.  Really good engineering but not enough market share to be sustained.  To bad!

Has this info been confirmed by Tiburon Eng any where?
Great reels, would be sad to see them go.

PS, saw it on Charkbaits site  :'(  Glad i have got my 2, just need to look after them now.

I have two SSTs, the 12 and 30.  I had to call Tiburon when I read in the Charkbait website about Tib's decision not to make the reels anymore.  Tiburon confirmed that but reassured me that parts will still be available.  I hope they are available for a very long time, because I intend to keep them.
I also watched two SSTs on Ebay, and they did not go cheap. The autoshift feature is not for everyone, but there are loyal fans out there.

JRD

I know this is an old thread but I just bought a SST 7540 from a member and needed this tutorial.  This place is a fantastic resource!!!!

David Hall

Indeed it is, I recently picked up my second one and was thinking about cracking it open, this tutorial will be a lifesaver, or at least a reel saver!

JRD

Quote from: David Hall on March 16, 2018, 04:30:34 AM
Indeed it is, I recently picked up my second one and was thinking about cracking it open, this tutorial will be a lifesaver, or at least a reel saver!

I must picked up a 7524 from another member making #2 for  me as well.  It gets torn down in a few days.