New series fishing rods are available now!!!!

Started by Black Pearl, November 27, 2011, 09:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

They are in blue and silver color. All CTSS and COBRA series roller guides and top guide are in blue and silver color which totally match the rod.

These rod are equipped with all original Pacific Bay International components. 2 times wrapping and binding for each guide. Our hollow rod blank is made and mixed with 90% carbon and 10% E-Glass. By mixing carbon and E-Glass together, it gives the rod blank more power advantage and much lighter weight than traditional solid fiber glass rod blank. The carbon is more expensive than solid fiber glass material.

They are made in Taiwan. Some other brands are also made in Taiwan, but the company won't tell you that.

The target price for A.T. members on COBRA 130# with short straight butt is $195.00 each and with short bent butt is $205.00. The price is included shipping to your door.

I can tell you that this is a darn good rod. Our rods have been landed over 1,000 lbs BFT in PEI this past season and previous year.

We also have another series (THUNDER) of 130# class rod in 6'6" or 7'0" with straight or bent #6 butt.
Got question???? Please call me at 561-568-3980 or email to prochallenger@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
--Alan Chui

coastalobsession

Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

Squirmypug

How much are the CTSX and CTSS in 60-100lb? Do you know how well they will handle 30-35lb of drag?
I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!

Reinaard van der Vossen

those look like very nice rods. The rod which was used for the grander BFT in PEI does look like the 80# or is it the 130# version?

Is there any chance that the 80# all roller pac bay bent butt version will be produced in a travel 4 pc version like the Charkbait travel rods? I think that that would be a niche market worth wile investigating (hint: personal interest)

Dominick

Quote from: Reinaard van der Vossen on December 04, 2011, 01:43:38 PM
those look like very nice rods. The rod which was used for the grander BFT in PEI does look like the 80# or is it the 130# version?

Is there any chance that the 80# all roller pac bay bent butt version will be produced in a travel 4 pc version like the Charkbait travel rods? I think that that would be a niche market worth wile investigating (hint: personal interest)
Reinaard:  Check the last photo of the rod lying across the minnow.  Check the ferrule nut above the nut and locknut that holds the reel in place.  If that rod (it's difficult to tell) is one of the pro series, it has an interchangable butt.  If you loosen that nut the rod comes apart at that junction separating the rod from the butt.  The whole set-up is 5'6" all put together.  Once you take it apart the longer piece will be about 4'6".  This should be small enough to travel with.  I think if there were any more breaks in the rod to make it shorter, it would severely impact the strength of the rod.  Alan Chui am I correct?  You are the expert.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Black Pearl

Quote from: Squirmypug on December 04, 2011, 12:00:56 AM
How much are the CTSX and CTSS in 60-100lb? Do you know how well they will handle 30-35lb of drag?

It will be fine to handle 30-35 lb of drag. The CTSX is about $105.00, and CTSS is about $129.00 (shipping included).

Quote from: Pescachaser on December 05, 2011, 02:56:55 AM

Reinaard:  Check the last photo of the rod lying across the minnow.  Check the ferrule nut above the nut and locknut that holds the reel in place.  If that rod (it's difficult to tell) is one of the pro series, it has an interchangable butt.  If you loosen that nut the rod comes apart at that junction separating the rod from the butt.  The whole set-up is 5'6" all put together.  Once you take it apart the longer piece will be about 4'6".  This should be small enough to travel with.  I think if there were any more breaks in the rod to make it shorter, it would severely impact the strength of the rod.  Alan Chui am I correct?  You are the expert.  Dominick
Hi Donminick, you are correct about that. For 80# and higher line class rod, it is not recommended to have the rod more breaking in parts. That rod with the BFT was the "THUNDER" series. It is 7'0" long.

Reinaard, I think that the COBRA series is the best fit to you. It will be around 4'0" when it is apart.

Reinaard van der Vossen

Quote from: Black Pearl Fishing Tackle on December 05, 2011, 05:38:46 PM
Quote from: Squirmypug on December 04, 2011, 12:00:56 AM

It will be fine to handle 30-35 lb of drag. The CTSX is about $105.00, and CTSS is about $129.00 (shipping included).

Quote from: Pescachaser on December 05, 2011, 02:56:55 AM

Hi Donminick, you are correct about that. For 80# and higher line class rod, it is not recommended to have the rod more breaking in parts. That rod with the BFT was the "THUNDER" series. It is 7'0" long.

Reinaard, I think that the COBRA series is the best fit to you. It will be around 4'0" when it is apart.

I know that 1 pce blanks are better but multi piece rods do exist that heavy. I saw a picture of an armbreaker custom rod which was unfortunately way out of my wallets range (near 800 USD)

Black Pearl

Quote from: Reinaard van der Vossen on December 05, 2011, 07:59:26 PM

I know that 1 pce blanks are better but multi piece rods do exist that heavy. I saw a picture of an armbreaker custom rod which was unfortunately way out of my wallets range (near 800 USD)

Of course, it does exist. I think the 5'6" rod 130# with 4'0" long, it should be good.

Squirmypug

Sorry it is taking so long for me to buy one of these rods, I do plan to get one.Will the roller guides on the ctss rods be ok with braided line or will it get stuck in the sides of the roller?
I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!

Black Pearl

Thos PAC BAY roller guide will work great with braided line. Unfortunately, the shipment has been delay because I had to add few more rods. This shipment should be here by end of March or early April.

Squirmypug

Thats ok because I don't have the money for a Makaira to go with the rod yet anyway.  ;D

Squirmypug

Any news on the ctss rods yet? I just ordered a Makaira 20 so I will need the rod soon for testing.  8)

Black Pearl

Quote from: Squirmypug on March 22, 2012, 03:17:03 AM
Any news on the ctss rods yet? I just ordered a Makaira 20 so I will need the rod soon for testing.  8)
We lost the shipping spot, and the new date for shipment will be end of April. Sorry, it is crazy there. I am so sorry for the delay.

Black Pearl

They are available now. I will upload some pictures shortly with pricing. If you have any questions, please call me.