Classic Inshore!

Started by Slowly, November 28, 2011, 02:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killerbug

Hi,

I think the Ambassaduers of today are better than they where 20 years ago. The materials are pretty much "the same", but with some improvements. For sure
the Ambassadeur frame is more prone to corrosion if left in the boat, and more so, than the Alu frames of Shimano.  The inshore has a brass frame, it will not rust, but should it corrode, you can polish it clean with some steel wool.

The anti reverse system of the inshore is dual, it has a standard IAR bearing(sensitive to rust) and the classic AR dog.  But with a backup AR, I have no problem of using a NLGI grade 1 grease on the IAR bearing.  Especially not if used in tropical saltwater.  

The Classic Inshore and, lets say the Shimano Calcutta 400B IMO is pretty even performers, l have fished both since they came on the market and think they are worth every penny.  

http://forum.esoxhunt.dk
-----------------------------
They say Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.
You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time

inhotpursuit

Thats good to know i was thinking of getting a pair of toro 51's for light trolling (salmon) but the Ambassadeur inshores seem like a better bet,as i have a pair of beefed up curado 301's for light saltwater casting

bassnwhaler

Is this Classic Inshore the same or similar to the UC series? The reels referenced in Jon Furman's article "the two faces of abu garcia "ultra cast?"

Thanks

CR

Killerbug

Quote from: bassnwhaler on May 08, 2014, 06:02:45 AM
Is this Classic Inshore the same or similar to the UC series? The reels referenced in Jon Furman's article "the two faces of abu garcia "ultra cast?"

Thanks

CR

No, the classic Inshores has a conventional spool axis. But the casting performance is great, some even think it's better than on the Rockets, that uses the Ultra cast spool design.
http://forum.esoxhunt.dk
-----------------------------
They say Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.
You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time

mikeysm

I know this is a old topic but I finally found a stainless steel set of inshore gears to use on my Abu Beast round reel. The beast comes with brass gears. I found a set of 17.0 gears the first version. They work great but I also had to use the older style yoke that came with the 17.0 version. No big deal they are the same except the newer version has a metal shim the gear rides on. I have tricked out my beast to the max. It casts much better than stock and now the stainless gears make it the ultimate reel. Did all the versions of the inshore come with stainless steel gears. I think the last version were brass but I could be wrong.