Shakespear Beaulite German Dam

Started by Donnyboat, March 28, 2020, 03:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhc

A couple of before and after photos of the rod that came with Don's Beaulite.

Before:

and after;

Nice work Don, it looks like a different rod.

Mike

PS: I just noticed the newspaper 'drop sheets' under the rod to catch any varnish drops - you're flirting with danger there Don! Was Pat away for the day?  ;D ;D
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Donnyboat

Ay thanks a million for posting these pics Mike, it was two pack epoxy I was trying to keep of the floor, although it was almost dry when I moved it into the house, I snuck it in after Pat was in bed, but she went for a walk through the night, woke me up & gave me a roasting, I told her I just, got into bed, so go to sleep, still getting the cold shoulder this morning.
     I am quite happy the way the rod came up, although I only showed the best parts of it.
     I only placed the metalic thread on the bace of the rod, was going to have some on the tip, but thought maybe it would give to much reflection on the tip, & spook the fish, or am I getting to technical, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

wfjord

Really nice job on the rod, Don!  I'm sure it'll be well worth the roasting & cold shoulder.

Donnyboat

Only just noticed your reply woody, its been a month now, she just started taulking to me after Tuesday, when I came home, from the ocean, with two Dhu fish, minimum legal length is 50 Cm, one was 59 Cm about 3.5 to 4 Kg, the other 54 Cm, not large by any means, but still a few good feeds, I still have not caught anything with the trout rod & reel, went up to the local dam, just trying to cast with out a fly or lure, the dam is very low, they are catching a few red fin perch, there not native to Western Australia, so you get a fine, if your caught returning them to the water, the water is very warm, so the trout must be, in the deepest water, were it is cooler, a man here told me he caught a trout over 6Kg through the winter, so maybe later I will buy a license and have a go at them, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat