Penn 114H second AR dog

Started by Alto Mare, November 29, 2011, 10:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboal

check out this reel . it was on e-bay for sale

broadway

That reel has been there for a while... if it was 100% "Accuratized" he would get what he's asking (from me;), but it's not.
You can buy 4  new 114h's on ebay if you're patient for that price or a heck of a lot of used ones.
Dom

ChileRelleno

::)  Combine insomnia and boredom, and you annoy your wife with a Dremel at 3am.

So I milled out the original sideplate of my 114H to accept a double dog arrangement, and no more two tone color scheme.
Received a 9/0 stainless dog from Lee, so now I can work on getting the dogs to engage simultaneously.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

floating doc

That's a good photo. The color difference in the milled out section shows up well. I like the leaf spring setup. I think that is a lot simpler than trying to find another coil spring.

What material did you use to fabricate the spring? I think I read somewhere on this site that a razor blade would work.
Central Florida

Keta

Quote from: floating doc on August 18, 2013, 12:56:25 PM
What material did you use to fabricate the spring? I think I read somewhere on this site that a razor blade would work.

It looks like a 14-114 dog spring.

Nice job CR.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

bajaandy

Wow... nice clean work on that second dog setup Chille. Looks good!
I tink, therefore I am.

Cone

Good job, Chile. Now we need some catch pics!  BTW Did the ss ever smooth out?   Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

ChileRelleno

Thanks for the compliments.
I took my time and did that one slow, careful and right.
I really like that dog spring configuration, and yes, it's a standard Penn 14-114 spring

Quote from: Cone on September 20, 2013, 03:52:34 AM
Good job, Chile. Now we need some catch pics!  BTW Did the ss ever smooth out?   Bob
Bob, I still haven't had a chance to put some fish on it, but it functions very satisfactorily after just spinning it for awhile.
You Sir went way beyond in helping me out, I can not express enough gratitude.
And this seems to be the norm, here and at other tight knit online communities that I visit online.
I've done much the same at Saiga12.com, love that good karma and I'll be sure to pay-it-forward.
Thanks again for the Hens Teeth and other items  8)

I've a 9/0 to double dog next when Alan gets another batch of 115L gear sleeves in.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

jonnou

Just finished reading this thread (all of it)
Got a couple of answers from it
I have the newer sideplate as shown by Sal
I also have a brass gear that has a little raised portion in the bottom of where the drag stack goes
seems strange
will post photos if this isn't normal
cool old and long Post

Just  Bought a 114 for $60 New Zealand not working
Just a bit of Lube and  replace a missing bridge screw and it should be a goldie ;D ;D

Cheers Jon

Alto Mare

Thanks Jon, glad you enjoyed it.
This post is what started IT all...not the Tank. ;D

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

jonnou

Any Ideas on the Gear Sal?
Has a raised bump like they have on some Diawas
drag washer was deformed as you would expect
will post on this but my guess is you have an answer ;)
I bought this reel to resell and make a $ to justify my hobby
But I can see it D DOGGED with a 7plus, Black pearl Gears ,AT handle....
have to hide it from the Wife
thanks Jon

Alto Mare

Jon, do you mean something as  these on the middle by the four lined up gears?

If it is just a little I usually let it go, but if it will interfere with clearance, you'll need to grind it flush.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

jonnou

No thats the underside Right?
Mines on the drag side  will post photos
seems to be an anomaly
like you say needs to be  ground flat
Thanks Jom

Shark Hunter

Jon,
If its just the insert part. Smack it back in. ;)
Life is Good!