Penn 113h Reel/Tank

Started by Alto Mare, December 02, 2011, 02:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

Quote from: Jakejames on February 17, 2017, 05:48:34 PM
Hello I didn't know until recently that this topic of a "hot rod" senator was anyone else's interest. Pay my respects for sal for doing it him self and long before I came along and clicked and swiped for my kits. I have a 113h on a tiburion "hawaiin wide" frame with a SS main gear(1:4) and a custom versa drag style kit from motive fab. All stainless internals with the pro gear double stainless dog & bridge. My question is I have yet to catch a fish on it as of yet but just recently had a dog get sheered off while I was spooling up new line. I have taken it out a few times and do a hawaiin style slide fishing so the most stress it could have had would be pulling up an 8.oz spider weight off the bottom. Now is my drag over powering my dogs and or has anyone else had these problems. On further investigation it seems that the rivets or pins that the dogs pivot on are made of brass. My thoughts is maybe the force found the weakest link in the chain the brass Rivet and that's where the break happend? Any thoughts.

Hi James,

I saw that the dogs are not cleaned in your picture. Can you send back that bridge to me, and I will replace it for you.

The address is following:

PRO Challenger
1128 Royal Palm Beach Blvd,
Royal Palm Beach, FL. 33411

Please ensure your have your name and address on a piece of paper, so I know where to return it.

Thanks,
--Alan

Gman_WC

Hello, my names john smith and I'm a fisaholic.  ;D
I've yet to tank any of my reels.  :(  Sad I know!
Years ago when I started hanging out here, I chose to go the SS gear sleeve and greased CF drags and thin (more) washer route.

I've got a question. To build a Tank, would I be better off with an 8-10 tooth SS sleeve? I'm guessing the later.
I think I was getting them from Dawn, maybe Alan. Are the 10 tooth sleeves new and would they work better with the DD set-up for hold?
Or...is it all dependent on the main gear?

Thanks
-gary
Walnut Creek, CA

gstours

As far as the gear sleeve goes the more dog teeth would make for a little less back play if they are engaging at the same time.  Jigger folks seem to prefer no back play in the spool.  I got over that a long time ago.
    The main and pinion gear have nothing to do with selecting the sleeve to use.   Hope this helps.🚣‍♀️