Main Menu

Social Awareness

Started by Maxed Out, April 13, 2020, 03:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Watching local and national news, I feel like we will be stuck in "social distancing" mode for a generation.

My suggestion is to find a new phrase that won't criminalize socializing with others.

How about "social awareness" instead of distancing. Maybe you all could come up with a good phrase for the media and gov to use
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Dominick

I see fist bumps and elbow bumps in the future.  "SocialBumps?"  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

oc1

Just when the man-hug becomes socially acceptable this happens.

I don't know.  Young people have not bought into all the hiding and drama that we have.  For their sake, I hope that's the right attitude.

All you millennials
Just don't understand
Get your head and your feet
Up out of the sand
Shelter-in-place
Is not just a gimmick
We have to control
The global pandemic

-steve

thorhammer

I love you Ted but I was practicing social distancing before it was cool. I'm perfectly happy not to have anyone n six feet of my personal space- prolly due to the robbery /  kidnapping. Not kidding. If I can hit you with this tire iron, you need to back up your grocery cart, lady! :)

Benni3

All the pretty women are coming out to exercise,,,,, :o some say hi and sometimes they will stop 8ft away when I'm fishing and ask are you catching anything,,,,,,, ;) social distancing terrible,,,,,,, :D but it keeps me out of trouble,,,,,,,,, ;D

MarkT

I'm old... I remember when being socially aware meant being careful not to drink too much and throw up on your date.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Benni3

Quote from: MarkT on April 13, 2020, 10:58:18 PM
I'm old... I remember when being socially aware meant being careful not to drink too much and throw up on your date.
My older friends always told me on a date not to drink that much ,,,,,,,,, ;D

Keta

Quote from: Benni3 on April 14, 2020, 04:50:30 AM
Quote from: MarkT on April 13, 2020, 10:58:18 PM
My older friends always told me on a date not to drink that much ,,,,,,,,, ;D

Depends on the date.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Decker

How do you make things like elevators, bars, fishing boat cabins, wedding dances, and Superbowl parades work with social-distancing?

I have a sneeze that is like a hurricane blast.  Can't wait to see the nasty looks when we go public again.

Makes it easier to carry a fishing rod around with that much space.  And spot-mugging is less justifiable.

What about sports?

Maxed Out

Quote from: Decker on April 14, 2020, 05:24:14 PM

What about sports?

Stadiums would have staggered seating and your ticket price will include paying for 2 empty seats adjacent to you.  All scholastic sports will be discontinued except maybe ping pong, and tennis.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Bill B

Quote from: Dominick on April 13, 2020, 03:12:14 PM
"SocialBumps?"  Dominick

I went to college in the 80's in the San Fernando Vallley 😎......they meant a little something different then 😱

Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!