Ohana Contest !!

Started by Maxed Out, April 30, 2020, 11:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Attn. all Ohana: all prizes must be remanded to Ted ASAP and the contest renewed. This all occurred whilst I was locked out of the site for a month...Bryan told me i had redirected too many times and erase all my cookies. Being that IT is above my interests and pay grade, I wiped out some chips ahoy and a quart of milk...and I was still locked out. Ted texted me as this was happening and I had no idea what he was talking about...as my wife is a nurse handling COVIDS, I have been sequestered in the woods for over a month and not turned on TV, and quit reading yahoo too. I ordered some boat parts off amazon and that's been about my only contact with 2020. So, I appreciate everyone's hard work but let this begin anew ;)

hat's off to my man Ted- first class all the way!

Maxed Out

Sucks to be you don't it Johnny ¿?¿ ..... ;D  ;D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

foakes

Quote from: Maxed Out on June 08, 2020, 11:33:12 PM
Wow, that was a long time for delivery. Good to see it did finally arrive. 1/0 this nice are becoming almost non existent nowadays. I still have 1 new in box, so all is not lost !! I know you'll take good care of it Fred. Congrats on your contest win !!

-Ted

I believe that right now -- and for perhaps the rest of this year -- the Post Office -- along with tens of thousands of other services and businesses -- will be using this pandemic deal as a way to excuse poor service.  I have already seen this behavior and excuses -- in about 80% of everything I order online. 

Exceptions that I have ordered from in the last 2 weeks -- that are still delivering as quickly as possible, are:

Chewy, Lands End, Wal-Mart, Amazon, BladeHQ, and Shepherd Hills.  These Firms I will continue to appreciate and be loyal to after this crud is over.  Some consumers don't track into this stuff -- but I do.

Ted, you shipped this reel as quickly as you could -- Appreciate that very much.  For some unknown reason, it took (15) days!! -- to get from San Francisco to Auberry.

I am just surprised it was not all beat up -- package arrived in pristine condition.

It left Everett, Washington, on 5/20/20 -- arrived at our locking mailbox today -- 6/8/20.

Here is the tracking history -- just for fun --

June 8, 2020, 11:52 am
Delivered, Parcel Locker
AUBERRY, CA 93602 
Your item was delivered to a parcel locker at 11:52 am on June 8, 2020 in AUBERRY, CA 93602.

June 8, 2020, 8:59 am
Out for Delivery
AUBERRY, CA 93602 

June 8, 2020, 8:48 am
Arrived at Post Office
AUBERRY, CA 93602 

May 29, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
May 25, 2020, 9:07 pm

Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility
SAN FRANCISCO CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
May 23, 2020, 9:52 pm

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
SAN FRANCISCO CA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
May 22, 2020, 4:04 am

Departed USPS Regional Facility
SEATTLE WA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
May 22, 2020, 4:01 am

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
SEATTLE WA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
May 20, 2020, 4:32 pm

Departed Post Office
EVERETT, WA 98201 
May 20, 2020, 3:32 pm

USPS in possession of item
EVERETT, WA 98201 

Thanks again, Ted!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

milne

I thought I would show you all what turned up in the post  ( can't mention the exact date it arrived, due to the enquiry into "don-gate")   ;D

So I managed to snare a prize in Teds wee competition, after 3 requested recounts and a judges final decision, off it went,
Until it arrived down under..

Absolutely superb, not only did I win the accurate Jigmaster frame, But Ted ALSO, threw in a suitable spool, which was not part of the original prize.
Plus, a couple of nice glasses for me to enjoy a nice cold frothy this summer ( Aussie for beer)

Thank you Thank you Ted, for your amazing kind generosity......

Col

Donnyboat

Yes agree, Teds the man, Col why wait till summer, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

Ay Col, come to think off it, your a glazier, you should be making glasses for Ted, but dont worry about me, I drink straight from the bottle, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Brewcrafter

Now Don - I thought you blokes "down under" drank your amber nectar from cans the size of an old automotive oil can? - john

mo65

They just smiled...and handed me a vegemite sammich. ;D :D 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

milne

HaHaHa guys...

Don, I tried to fit one of these glasses into your "don-gate reel box" but it didn't fit,
So, one of them is for you.
I just hope until I finally get over your neck of the woods, it doesn't suffer a mishap !!!

John,   Yes they do drink out of huge vessel tin type things out west , there beer tastes horrible and they speak funny   ;D
          But there salt of the earth blokes, so we take that into consideration.....

Quote from: mo65 on June 23, 2020, 03:05:55 PM
They just smiled...and handed me a vegemite sammich. ;D :D 8)
Classic  Mo   :D
       ;D

Col

Donnyboat

Good John, some of the amber, in the Northern Territory, Australia, have king brown bottle about 40 fluid oz bottle, Ruffy might be able to add to that.
      In the West, we have 26 fluit oz bottles, but most outlets are stocking cans now days, I dont know why Col gets the impression our beer is crap, we love it, & the west produces most of the best AFL footballers & sports people.
     As I said Col you keep the glass, I dont need it, But sure your welcome over here anytime, we will try to catch a Dhu fish, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Donnyboat

Sorry Mike, did not mean to neglect your comment about the vegimite, its like a strong yeast, most people make the mistake, of spreading it on bread to thick, then it taste like crap, good fresh bread with butter of marg, & spread the vegimite on really thin, just so it gets your taste budds working, bloody good, & puts hair on your chest, trouble is most blokes are not like you & I, they aint got a chest, ha haa, keep well stay safe, cheers Don, have to go my beer time.
Don, or donnyboat

Sharkb8

The reel arrived safely down under very happy with it thanks and that lovely jar of tuna tasted unreal, great contest thanks Ted.

Kim

Maxed Out

Hello Kim, Happy to hear the parcel made it to you unscathed. Your buddy obviously wants to go with you to try out your new reel. Hoping to get more albacore reeel soon. It is fun to fish and addicting to eat

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!