2 day trip on the Poseidon

Started by Petah, June 22, 2020, 03:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petah

Just got back from a 2 day trip on the Poseidon out of H&M landing. My Pro Challenger 501 with all the stainless steel goodies
inside as well as Alan's Jm500x gear set and drags and 25# Seagaur floro served into 40# Jerry Brown hollow core braid was
all I needed to subdue 5 Bluefin tuna from 35-50lb's. Sorry I didn't hold any up for the pic ut my arms were too tired. Did i
mention that I lost 6 due to pulled hooks, being sawed off or just farmed? We totalled 100 bluefin and 25 yellowfin 140 miles south of Point Loma. All the fish were caught on the first day!!!
Thanks Alan for making these products available to us!!!

Peter

Swami805

Nice trip, that's a good tally for the 1st day! Those look like a few big skipjack too!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Petah

No Sheridan, no skipjack this trip!!! A few bonita though!!!!!!

Peter

Donnyboat

Good Petah, thanks for showing us, great fishing, & I love that reel, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Swami805

Ah, bonita, hard to tell from the pictures, good size ones
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Alto Mare

Great report Petah, thanks for sharing.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

I know about the arm weariness, those 50 pounders don't come in easy.  Nice work.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Ron Jones

Those are great fish. Big boneheads, ceviche for life.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Benni3

Man fabulous report and fantastic trip on great reel,,,,,, ;D

jzumi

Wow, great trip!

How was social distancing handled?  Curious as my buddies are lining up a 7 day trip in October but I'm on the fence...

Gfish

Oooo, dat's nice! Lots of action, fun and meat!
Have the same Jiggy, sans the perfect-for-job power knob. A very sturdy Jigmaster with the 1-piece frame.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

steelfish

looks like a great trip

congrats
The Baja Guy

vilters

Quote from: jzumi on June 23, 2020, 02:40:27 PM
Wow, great trip!

How was social distancing handled?  Curious as my buddies are lining up a 7 day trip in October but I'm on the fence...

congrats on a successful trip Petah, nice grade of fish. mmmmmmmmmmmm bluefin!

so jzumi,  i went on a trip out of sd last week (different boat). if the distancing thing is a factor in your decision, know that maintaining 6' distance consistently is impossible. the passenger loads are lighter, which helps and is nice, but there is too much uncoordinated activity on the deck of a sportboat to maintain distancing. furthermore, not everyone wore a mask at all times, despite it being clearly mandated right from the start. that said, the fishing has been from good to great, and the weather nice. i would go myself (did) my friend, who initiated the idea of going, changed his mind, and did not go.