Pegasus fisherman’s landing trip July 14 2020 1.5 day bluefin tuna

Started by Hamachi, July 09, 2020, 08:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamachi

Don't really need a 2 speed. They are nice, but the longer arm and bigger handle negates the need for 2speed. I'm always in high anyways, they keep popping out of low. By the time I realize it's too late, already near gaff.

Yeah, the crew is great, had a good time, nice upgrade. Had no excuse with only 16 fishermen on deck, 3 never made it out of their bunks. Excellent galley, Mikes a good cook. Skipper John worked hard trying to find the schools, deckhands Palmer good too!
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Congratulations on the hot stick Warren.  It must have felt great to see your son put what you have been teaching him to work.  He will probably never forget that fish, or the time spent with his father.  I bet that he replays the fight in his mind for the rest of his life.  I always remember the ones that I lost more vividly than the rest.

sabaman1

Hamachi, excellent job on nailing those tuna! Your one of the 10% that catch 90% of the fish. Keep on catching em!!!
JIM

Hamachi

Thanks, Randy and Jim! I just try to maximize hook time in the water. Can't catch if you don't have a hook in the water. Lol! I too was using a Newell p-235 with a tiburon frame, 25# line, and a large offset football handle. Small circle hook, San Diego jam knot and a short topshot of fluorocarbon leader tied with a three turn surgeons knot rounded out the live bait setup.
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!