Cedros Sportfishing, August 30 to September 3, 2021

Started by alantani, August 05, 2020, 03:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

I usually take 3 rods.  I flyline and slow troll Macs on 50# with an 8/0 Eagle Claw circle hook.  I take a 8-9' rod for throwing surface iron, a 6'6" - 7'6" rod for flylining/slow troll/yoyo and usually an 8' Calico stick with a bait caster for plastics and hardbaits.  I've trolled the smaller Magnum X-Raps or equivalent Yozuri or Nomads for YT.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani

i want to work out something with rosie to take less gear and bring back more fish. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

I got a ultra light bag, throw away cloths and shoes, a lighter weight rod and reel (one)  and lead and iron I was going to leave there  before my fund situation forced me to drop out.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

MarkT

Well, I don't really care about taking home fish so my share can be divided up if people want more fish.

Almud

Trying not to over pack.  Will we be too early for wahoo and yft?

MarkT

I think you can forget about Wahoo.  I've seen a few schoolie sized YFT taken offshore and some Dorado but neither are a primary target.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

I really don't see any reason to bring more than 2 rods, a 30 and a 50. Honestly, you can do away with the 30 if you don't mind bouncing a sabiki with a 50# rig or you can get away with a 30 if you have the gas to not get smoked with light gear all day (I don't right now.)

The thing I WILL bring more of is surface iron. I'm thinking at least 3-4?

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

MarkT

At least 3 or 4.  If you loan any out they might not come back!

Almud

Quote from: MarkT on March 26, 2021, 03:20:38 PM
I think you can forget about Wahoo.  I've seen a few schoolie sized YFT taken offshore and some Dorado but neither are a primary target.

Thanks, will leave the DTX's home then.  Anyone slow pitch jigging for yt? 

MarkT

YT at Cedros love Mac's... just sayin'!   I've caught a lot on surface iron and yoyo too.  I've used flatfalls there and have caught 2 bass at once on them, but I don't think I've caught YT on them there but I'd imagine they work.

Wally15

Quote from: alantani on March 24, 2021, 07:06:16 PM
i want to work out something with rosie to take less gear and bring back more fish. 
I'm not planning to bring back fish. But I'll bring a blue cooler bag and give you my fish. I'll get the bag back at the SoA.
I'm going to take it a lot easier this year, especially on that 1st half day where we only sling iron. My elbow hurt for 3 months afterward. At 71 I'm too old and too good looking to wear myself out at the start of the trip. But apparently not too smart  :)
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Ron Jones

It will be fun to see you again Peaches!

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Hardy Boy

I think I will have to drop my spot for this year. I hate too but with uncertain travel restrictions and possible travel quarantine in place and most of all I don't want to leave Alan in a tough spot and drop out last minute and have him try to fill my spot. See you there in 2022. :'(

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal