Holy Chimichanga !! "Piscina de la muerta" DeadPool fishing rod

Started by steelfish, August 13, 2020, 06:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

hola amigos, if you are fan of Deadpool movies you might recognize where the tittle came from, if not, well thats how deadpool tried to say his name in spanish in the 1st movie (not a correct translation by the way but sound so funny when you heard it the 1st time), anyway, this is my lastest rod, a CALSTAR GF760H (graphiter) 80-130 a big gun for the big boys, since its for my personal use this time I tried some new techniques (for me) that I have seen on the rods made by the professionals, like some Olive branch wrap and photo wrap (all around the blank), for being the 1st time on both techiques I think it looks pretty good, if you look closely you can find some small mistakes (specially on the backside) I could have made better but, ooh well, sometimes you only see them while looking a close up pic on your screen, I might get a maginifying lens for this kind of wraps, tho.
I made the rod with some accesories I have on hand, a real Mako tooth epoxied on the ramp, the 1st guide is a fuji HB 25 SiN and the rest are ALPS XHN size 10 on acid wrap or spiral wrap, shrink wrap grips are a HD version a good friend sent me few months ago, I made some molding on the hypalon grips and put the shrink grips on it, Pacbay channel lock reelseat and PacBay Sic tiptop.

The Baja Guy

steelfish

few more
The Baja Guy

steelfish

and these next ones.
The Baja Guy

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

RowdyW

Alex, you are really getting wild with your creations. Love it!      Rudy

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Hardy Boy

Nice work as always .................. and creative !! I hope you are getting out and trying some of those beauties !!

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

oldmanjoe

Excellent work   the colors flow well ,has good eye appeal .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Dominick

Nice work Alex  You have reached terrific work.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

thrasher

A lot of nice detail work there, well done! The olive branch looks great and I love spiral wraps.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

oc1

Yeah dude, you're off on a whole other level.
-steve

Donnyboat

Ay Alex, words fail me, brilliant, thanks for showing us, cheers Don
Don, or donnyboat

ReelFishingProblems

Alex,

Every time I look at the pictures I notice something else.
You have become such a good rod builder, very inspirational my friend

Nick

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~