kayak mothership trip to point sur, 8/26/2020

Started by alantani, August 27, 2020, 02:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

bchen

I saw this on the NCKA site.  Are you branching out?  You have kayak mounts on your boat now?

Brewcrafter

Hey, after Gfish's recent post, and knowing the environment up around Big Sur, no matter how much I love fishing there is NO WAY you would  be able to convince me to climb into something that from below looks like dinner for an Alpha predator....- john

ReelFishingProblems

That looks like a great time. I used to watch guys go kayak fishing from Limekiln State Park before I had a kayak. This would really get you out to some great spots.

alantani

yup.  and one of the kayaks was that "yum yum yellow" color that sharks seem to like to chew on.  but this is the only way to get into the kelp.  i guess i could lift the motors up and drift through, but i'm not sure i could get out easily once i was on the other side.  the guys found all of their fish right in the middle of the kelp.  lots of nice fish.!!!!

David Hall

ReelFishingProblems

"Lots of nice fish"

Any pictures?

Thea just said it would be fun to move back to Monterey and go fishing. Maybe I can work that angle for after my next assignment.

Nick

thorhammer

I remember when we were out in the Argo, there was a dude in an orange yak a mile offshore netting a bloody salmon, and we heard on the radio folks had seen a White or two. That yak shore looked like a big shark-sized cheezit to me :)

alantani

Dominick

Alan was that the first time you did the mother ship thing?  What did you do while the kids were playing in the ocean forest?  I'm going for salmon on Saturday.  Fishing Rocky Point to Duxbury buoy.   Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

we've done this 4-5 times now, but it's been a while.  i think the last time was before joy's father got sick, so maybe 10 years!  mostly we just hung around and fished the area outside the kelp.  still LOTS of fish in the area, only 100 feet, lots of mid water fish.  i was casting the laser minnow and had maybe 10 strikes in a row.  just can't miss!

Dominick

Quote from: alantani on August 27, 2020, 10:49:07 PM
we've done this 4-5 times now, but it's been a while.  i think the last time was before joy's father got sick, so maybe 10 years!  mostly we just hung around and fished the area outside the kelp.  still LOTS of fish in the area, only 100 feet, lots of mid water fish.  i was casting the laser minnow and had maybe 10 strikes in a row.  just can't miss!

I love the look on your face when you hook those mid-water blues.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ReelFishingProblems

Thanks for the pics... looks like a great time

thorhammer

theswimmer

I knew I was missing an epic when you called me late , Oh well ....
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn