Pacific Voyager Report Aug 21-26

Started by Crab Pot, August 27, 2020, 11:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crab Pot

It's been a minute since my last post.
Just returned yesterday from a 4 day on the PV, what an epic trip.

We crushed the Bluefin out at Tanner and Cortez Bank/s for two solid days bringing home limits of 30-50 pound fish for 16 anglers.

We also managed to put a whoppin on the Yellowtail out at Rockwall.

All they would bite on was the light stuff, 20-25-30 pound leader mainly fly lining but some of the guys had luck on the surface irons too.

Caught a 25-30'ish pound Yellowtail on a 250 gram flatfall that may have been the highlight of my trip.

Anything over a 40 pound kit wasn't getting bit.

Did loose a big "whatever" on the troll. It had my buddy's 80-130 pound rod bent in half till it ended up in the prop and busted off.

The crew of the PV was awesome. The deckhands earned their tips I can assure you.

Looking to get one more trip in for the season so if anyone has a standby list going please keep me in mind.

Tight Lines,

Steve
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Crab Pot

Double posted a picture... ???

scrinch

MarkT

Nice! I love the Pacific Voyager... Mark, Charlie, Cody, Dominic, Mitch are great! My Memorial Day trip with them this year was cancelled. I miss chef Jeff but he deserved to retire! Who's the chef? Dom did it for a while but I think they have someone else now.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Crab Pot

A lady named Danielle is the cook now.

She was a lot of fun as long as you weren't talking to her while she was cooking....

I remember Jeff. That guy could sling some quality chow and his choice of entertainment videos was well..... subject sometimes ::)

Cody and Dominic were on the beach. So was Kazi. Thought Kazi was on the pier to relive Mitch when we returned.

Charlie was the night time captain and Evan and Mitch kept the chaos to a minimum.

Mitch is a good kid, I've been on 5 trips with him now and look forward to him taking over the reins someday.

Hope to get one more trip in before the season shuts down.

All you charter masters keep me in mind if you have any opening for a 2-4 day trip.

MarkT

I've been on a couple of trips when Charlie, the red headed step child, was the Captain. He's not as excitable as Mark but he gets it done. Wow, a trip without Cody, Dom, Kazi? Actually, I liked Jeff's choices in music videos even if I wouldn't have chosen them myself. Expanded my horizon as it were. Sade isn't my thing but I liked the video. I used to bring some of my music DVD's to break things up. If Danielle can be 'testy' when working then she'd be a good replacement for Jeff, he could get really salty when the boat is rockin' and rollin'. He wouldn't pass the 12 year old girl test! His food was A+ though and he made some really top shelf soups... made a really excellent  lobster bisque!

Crab Pot

Jeff was always at "His Saltiest" when he demanded you address him as "Mister Jeff".

And I wasn't talking about his music videos... ;D

My best trip yet!

MarkT