News about Sal, Prayers are needed

Started by Dominick, September 11, 2020, 12:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Thanks for the recent picture of our friend Sal having a great meal with a lobster at home in his happy place.   He was a hard worker and had a family that he put first and it shows and this will always what i remember of Sal.  Sal left us way too soon.   i,m grarefull for the  talks we have had.  I only now have his memorys of actual phone conversations we had.....  I wish we could have met butt he would have wanted all of us to cherish our friends and the time we have left ....Thanks for being my friend Sal..........

Cathy Ciarlante

Hello,

Please forgive me, this is my real first time of being on the website (for longer than one minute as I just break out in tears every time I try) and so I am not quite sure where to post this message so I suppose that I will post it on every page that is listed under the In Memory of Sal Ciarlante. That is the only way that I know that I will reach everyone who commented, left lovely messages of condolence, or wished my family comfort, in any way.

I cannot express how much the love and support, that my family received from AlanTani.com, has meant to us! There really are no words to express my deep, deep appreciation and very sincere gratitude for your continued support! This past month has been just so devastating and painful for me, Alyssa and Anthony and grieving in the time of a global pandemic has just made it even more difficult. It is still very surreal and I wake each day thinking perhaps it was just a bad dream. I must admit that I have not yet found the courage to be in Sal's work area (where he did all of his custom reel work and repairs) for even a whole minute, yet. On the one time I walked back there, I saw that he still had a small paintbrush in some sort of gel and his tools were spread out all over...it must have been what he was working on the day we left for the hospital, so long ago. I walked back there, and I could just see him sitting on that chair, with a beautiful smile on his face, doing what gave him such satisfaction and joy! It was all I could take, but I am working up the courage to go back there again, some day soon. The kids and I do spend time in Sal's mancave, each night, and it's comforting to be surrounded by his things.

I would have liked very much to have the celebration of Sal's life, that I believe he deserved, but I felt very strongly that we needed to respect the pandemic and do everything in our power to keep our family, friends and loved ones safe! As you read in his obituary, we are planning a post-Covid 19, late-springtime memorial service, God willing. I will be sure to post all of the details, at that time! We had an immediate family funeral and laid Sal's remain to rest on a stormy Friday (October 16) and I felt as though the heavens were crying for my Sal. As I told you all before, not only did the Alan Tani family get mentioned in Sal's obituary, but Alyssa (our daughter) mentioned it in his Eulogy, as well.

I am so sorry that this first post of mine was so long but I just wanted to be sure to express my gratitude and to let you all know how important you are to me and the kids!

I wish you, and your families, a blessed Thanksgiving holiday!

All my very best,
Cathy Ciarlante & Family

thorhammer

Cathy,

I will take the liberty of speaking for the Ohana in saying I'm glad you have a login, and are sharing with us- it will never be too long of a note. Please keep doing so. Covid has made most everything in life more difficult. Please stay safe- you and the kids.

warm regards,

John

Penn Chronology

Cathy,

Best to you and your family on the coming holiday. Sal is with you in spirt and with us. His presence here is a constant. Sal will always have a place here and in many other venues. The void he left will never be filled by anyone but his spirt for me. He was a very special man.

Dominick

I took the Tank apart to give it a service.  When I took off the right side plate this is what I saw.  It gave me a warm and sad feeling at the same time.  Sal had etched into the plate the word "Tank."  Sal wherever you are we are thinking of you.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

bhale1

That is so awesome......Love it ;D
Brett

Brewcrafter

Dominick - There could not be a better caretaker for "The Tank".  Excited that Mark on his Excel June trip and me on the RP follow up can honor the legacy of Sal, it will be humbling to hold and fish this. - john

broadway

Dominick thanks for sharing that with us.
Sal's still with us for sure!
Miss you buddy,
Dom

thorhammer

thorhammer

Dominick was kind enough to let me fish the Tank twice- here it is off NC, resulting shortly after in a nice blackfin.

Benni3

Brewcrafter

Dominick - Looking at that photo, it really pulls at the heart strings.  But I noticed something; is the main gear drilled/perforated on the The Tank?  It looks like there are holes in the backside of the main gear, is that what I am seeing?  If so, Sal never did anything without a reason. - john

mhc

Quote from: Brewcrafter on March 03, 2021, 06:25:21 AM
Dominick - Looking at that photo, it really pulls at the heart strings.  But I noticed something; is the main gear drilled/perforated on the The Tank?  It looks like there are holes in the backside of the main gear, is that what I am seeing?  If so, Sal never did anything without a reason. - john

Hi John, Sal had a lot of input into development and prototype testing of Alan Chui's Pro Challenger parts. I think the Tank gears are a prototype 113HX 4:1 set with the versa drag slots drilled/milled right through the gear base - in later production versions the slots were milled flush with the inside of the gear base.
(Excuse me for butting in Dominick  ;D)

Mike

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=16144.0

It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

PacRat

The Tank and Sal are what originally led me here to the Ohana. I sure miss him.
-Mike

Benni3

Yes,,,he was the best and I miss him.