News about Sal, Prayers are needed

Started by Dominick, September 11, 2020, 12:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Quote from: Brewcrafter on March 03, 2021, 06:25:21 AM
Dominick - Looking at that photo, it really pulls at the heart strings.  But I noticed something; is the main gear drilled/perforated on the The Tank?  It looks like there are holes in the backside of the main gear, is that what I am seeing?  If so, Sal never did anything without a reason. - john

I didn't notice I was working a=on a problem with the eccentric.  The inside of the reel was clean and lubricated so I buttoned it up.  I will get it into the mail soon to Mark T.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

anglingarchitect

He was a great guy and upgraded several penn's for me that are the pride of my collection. More than that I was going through the breakup of a partnership I had, He gave me good advice not to worry so much about the money, and just be happy retired. Even though I never met him In person, I knew him through this website. I miss him. He was as generou a man i have ever known. I know how his family must miss him, he was loved by all who knew him.

gstours

I wish Sal was here to as always kindly correct us.    Sal did some work on the main gear ⚙️ to remove heat by vent holes,  best I can remember.
   Because I was heavily watched by a German and an Italian gustappo I decided not to pry into the Tank when it was on my boat 🚣‍♀️.........🤕.
   We all miss you Sal.       Here's to 2021 and you.🥂🍷🍺

El Pescador

Gary,

Exactly SO!!!!

Reason why???   Dominick failed to have you sign his "Hold Harmless, Guarantee something a'rather", legal agreement!!!! ;D

BUTT!!!!   IF I have my way, your ProGear Yellowtail special will have limited fishing days on USS Maiko!!!!   Don't turn your back on it!!!!

Watch out :o

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Rancanfish

I sold that reel to Gary,  I still have a couple more if you are looking for one....

(Old thread I know).
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

gstours

Thanks Randall,  this was the first yellow tail for me.   Sal did a lot of work and went public with lots of his ideas , experiments and even failures .   This has helped us to carry the torch.   
  Since the first pro gear I've found another without the clicker and put in a 4:1 gear set just like the tank but from a different vendor.   Using a hex drag kit it's a copy of the one Wayne pictured and it a very good jigging reel for 12-24 oz jigs.   
  Here's to both of you good guys.🙋‍♂️🍻🥂🍻

Cathy Ciarlante

Hello to all,

I wanted to touch base on this Memorial Day as we honor those that gave their lives for their country, this particular Memorial Day falls on Sal's birthday. The Ciarlante family is spending our day honoring Sal and his beautiful life. Alyssa, Anthony and I are driving down to the Chesapeake Bay (where Sal had his boat, for the past several years, as the ocean/bay in Ocean City, NJ was too rough for my father and that is just the kind of man I was married to...always thinking of someone else!).

I also wanted to post some pictures of the Sal Ciarlante Memorial Garden as I could not bear to see his vegetable garden barren. I really should have spent more time with him, as he was planting/nurturing his tomato plants. As it was, I had to watch YouTube videos to learn how to plant them! Also, Sal grew his tomatoes from seeds, but there was no way I had time to do that so I did cheat a little and buy tomato plants! Last year, when I finally got out there to take everything down, I saved all of Sal's stakes and ties so that I could use them, again. His presence is surely felt, every time I walk into that garden. The first picture was the day that I planted the tomatoes, peppers and basil and the second picture is today, his birthday!

I did want you all to know that we are planning a very late summer/very early autumn memorial service, in Sal's honor. I feel confident that things will feel safe enough, at that time. I will post specifics as soon as I have them.

I wish you all a happy and peaceful summertime, ahead.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

mo65

That is awesome that you are keeping Sal's garden going! I'm doing the same with Dad's garden...and like you...learning as I go. I'm not sure I'll have the yields that he had though. I got anxious and planted early, had to cover them four times for frost, but they pulled through! When that little green tomato in the second pic popped out I think it may have been divine intervention.
   Great to hear from you Cathy, and enjoy your summer! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

foakes

That is wonderful, Cathy —

Sal's influence — and your family's love — will never leave any of us.

It is always here — as demonstrated in yours and Sal's garden.

Thanks for sharing and honoring!

Best Always,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

David Hall

Thank you Cathy for sharing that heartwarming news. 
It makes the day even more special.

broadway

Cathy,  thanks for sharing a piece of your family with us.
I'm a fan of Sal's garden as he would be as well.  You've created a special place for you and he to be together always.
All my best on some plump juicy tomatoes,
Dom
PS- thanks for sticking around here, Cathy.  It means a lot to a lot of us.

Maxed Out

I'd say you made a fine garden Cathy. Sal is smiling down upon your creation. It is now Sal & Cathy's garden !!

Hope to attend Sal's remembrance get together. Late August thru mid Sept is my busiest time of year and also have 3 charter trips during that time. I think Alan and several members also have a 10 day charter in late August or early Sept

Thank you for the pictures and sharing your thoughts with us.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Tiddlerbasher

Cathy - Hugs and kisses from a Covid safe UK distance - Chris :)

conchydong

Cathy, thanks for posting this. Sal reached out to so many here to make them feel welcome, even if they were not hard core reel repair guys. He was a special man and we are all blessed to have known him though this forum.
May God Bless you and  your family.
Scott