Newell Reel Handles I'm sorry I'm new to this board please move this

Started by Blackfishdoug, December 20, 2011, 02:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackfishdoug

Hi I'm sorry I know i posted this in the wrong place can one of the moderators please move it to the right place. It would figure my 1st post I would put it in the wrong place.

I was wondering if anybody tried tinkering around with any counter balance handles that might work with the Newell 200 series reels. I'm not very found of the power handles that come with them. I'm old school I grew up using Jigmasters, Sqidders etc. that all had counter balance handles. I even upgraded my Calcutter reels to the counter balance handles instead of the paddle handles. I just like the feel of a counter balance handle vs the Power handles.
If it eats Greencrabs it's a Blackfish. If it hates Blackfisherman it's the NMFS

Bryan Young

I believe Brock Fee from Hawaii have done something.  If not, he can make some up.  Contact him at oio@hawaii.rr.com.  His latest has been ti counter weighted handles for Abus.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Blackfishdoug

Thanks Bryan I knew somebody from this site would know where I could find it.
If it eats Greencrabs it's a Blackfish. If it hates Blackfisherman it's the NMFS

rodent

Blackfishdoug, read this thread and it is the very same thing that I wanted to do.  Just got back from talking with Brock and he is an awesome person, very knowledgeable about surf casting and long distance casting.  Saw some of his work and he does nice work, you can go on his website islandrocketreel.com and see some of his work. He does titanium and aluminum handle arms with stainless counter balances. Good luck. Aloha rodent.

redsetta

Try http://www.rocketreels.com/.
Looks like some nice gear.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer