Grunt Work & Reward

Started by Maxed Out, September 24, 2020, 06:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Quote from: Hardy Boy on September 24, 2020, 09:40:34 PM
I liked those trees ......................cedars if I remember correctly .................... while drinking beer on your deck.

Nice work:

Todd

Yep Todd, 4 cedar trees, and your sharp memory is mind boggling. The pollen had become unbearable, and these trees also dumped lotta crap on my flat garage roof. My neighbors across the back alley are ecstatic, because those trees blocked a huge portion of thier view of cascade mountains. Also I could not grow anything except weeds in the shade of those trees. It's late in season now to get plants established, so I'll wait till spring to add shrubs.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Maxed Out

To be honest, I didn't expect too many replies. Thanks for all the kind words. Sorry Dominick, I'm too old to adopt a high maintenance kid  :D

I am going to do another small joined wall and will take a few pics of how I lay the base stones and show how all this can be easily done with only a 12" level

Thor, I will put your hammer back on your rock after I'm finished. You really shouldn't leave it just sitting on a big boulder ;D ;D

thorhammer

You aint supposed to be able to pick it up. Must be my brother from another mother. Poppa Odin got around :)

redsetta

Great work Ted - love it!
Hope your little site inspector approved  ;)
Looking forward to seeing it 'in bloom'!
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

foakes

Beautiful job, Ted --

It takes a lot of experience and imagination to picture what you want, design it, and execute the result so flawlessly.

You make it look easy -- and I know that it is not.

Impressive skills!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

oc1

Ted, you're an inspiration to us all.
-steve

Dominick

That's a job even Sal, our resident mason, would like.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

You took the words out of my mouth, Dominick.   Sal would be proud!
Beautiful Job, Ted!
You don't do anything half-assed 8)
Enjoy it,
Dom

whalebreath

That would make a nice bed to grow Garlic!

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Maxed Out

Soooo, I had one more spot to put another block wall. It would only need about 50 blocks and still had about 30 leftover, so here I go again.

This is my 1st and only attempt at butting up to two existing walls. Don't try this at home !!

Maxed Out

Once I started, there was no stopping. I only had one more day before departing for tuna charter.

The challenging part was where this wall butted to the existing walls. A little patience and few precise cuts and notches and turns out it wasn't all that tough to do.

Rancanfish

I know you well enough to think that wall is not level.  Optical illusion.

Do you just put base rock below the first level?  I've seen some with concrete pours.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Dominick

Hey Randy the wall is straight, it's the ground that is crooked.  The earth is round, despite what you think.   :D ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

foakes

I used the same type of bricks on a raised retaining wall in front of our house.

Just poured a 8" X 12" deep level concrete base.  The bricks we used were from Home Depot, and weigh 50.5 pounds apiece.  9 years — and it hasn't moved even 1/16".

Yours looks great, Ted.  Very well designed and level.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.