Reading Schematic

Started by Scattergun2570, September 29, 2020, 11:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scattergun2570

So if someone can help me out it would be great..I am not great with interpreting where parts should be sometimes looking at schematics. I am wondering if part #18 goes on top,or underneath part #19. Thanks

https://www.daiwa.com/us/service/manuals/image/spinning/TDA3500A-4000A.pdf

Brewcrafter

Based on the schematic 16, 17, 18 go together in that order.  Hopefully someone with Diawa experience will speak up,  but the diagram is pretty straightforward in that area. - john

nelz

Quote from: Scattergun2570 on September 29, 2020, 11:58:10 PMSo if someone can help me out it would be great..I am not great with interpreting where parts should be sometimes looking at schematics. I am wondering if part #18 goes on top,or underneath part #19. Thanks

Yes, the schematic shows the correct order for these parts (16,17,18,19).

* The ball bearing #17 drops into the rotor nut #19.
* The bearing retainer #16 snaps onto the rotor nut, holding the bearing in place.
* I believe the little plastic part #18 slides into the bearing from behind oriented as in the schematic. This assembly then bolts on and secures the rotor in place while allowing it to spin on the bearing. In effect it's a "floating shaft" as Shimano would call it.

Here's what it looks like once assembled:

nelz

The schematic is confusing because it shows the main shaft #14 out in front of the rotor when in fact it slides in from behind it.  ::)

Scattergun2570