Salvatore D. Ciarlante

Started by alantani, October 14, 2020, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

I miss uncle sal,,,,glad to see Maggie thanks for the photo she is growing,,,,,we talk about her alot.

Bryan Young

Happy Heavenly Birthday Sal. Miss you brother!!!
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

kmstorm64

I haven't been on the site in a while. Sorry to hear of Sal's passing.
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

Cathy Ciarlante

Hello to my Alan Tani Family,

Please forgive me for not posting in a while! I am trying my hardest to keep up with work and taking care of my mother, and most days I struggle to keep up with it all!

I wanted this site to be the first place that I post this information, because you all meant so much to Sal! I was so hoping that, if I waited and kept patient long enough, we would be completely on the other side of this pandemic and I could feel 100% comfortable that I could hold a lovely memorial service, to honor my husband's beautiful life, while taking care to keep everyone safe. I never anticipated a new variant and, please forgive me for saying this, but who knows if there isn't another one waiting in the wings? As much as I know that not everyone will feel comfortable with this (and I truly understand and respect that!) I also don't want to wait more than one year to memorialize a truly wonderful man. With widespread access to vaccinations (and now, for some, booster shots) I feel that I can now hold a memorial service.

Although there would be no perfect time, I scheduled the memorial for Saturday, October 9, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. at Stretch Funeral Home, 236 E. Eagle Road, Havertown, PA 19083. That date is the first anniversary of Sal's passing, so I feel that the date is meaningful and I am working around all of Sal's brothers getting back to the states, so I don't have a wide window of time. I also feel confident that the weather shouldn't cause any hinderance, as early October is generally calm.

As Sal loved nothing more than having his family and friends (especially his fishing buddies) in his home, I would like to extend an invitation to you all, to come to our home, after the service. We live just around the corner from the funeral home and the director will give the short directions out, on the day of the service. I will have Sal's front display room open and, for those who really want to glimpse at where the madness took place, you will be welcome to peek into the workroom that I have preserved in the exact state it was in, all those months ago, when Sal left for the hospital. A word of warning...it isn't pretty!

It is truly with the heaviest heart that I have to plan such a difficult day. Thank you, all, for your continued love, support and kindness!

alantani

We have our charter from October 5th through the 13th.  I would like to fly out later to pay my respects. I hope that the website will be well represented. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Decker

Hello Cathy

So nice to hear from you!  I only knew Sal for a short time, and was drawn right in by his charisma, humor and wisdom. His passing has been with me, and I've been wanting to honor him properly.  Surely he is with Our Lord today.  Still it cannot be easy for you and your children.

I look forward to Sal's memorial and would like to be of service in any way that I can.  I'm close by so can easily run any necessary errands or help to get people there.  Please feel free to reach out to me by PM for any way I might help, with this event or any other time.

Also, to any members flying in, let me know if I can help. I don't really have room for house guests but can help with airport rides.

Sincerely,
/Joe Coyle

alantani

mhc

Thanks Cathy, we will be thinking of Sal in Aus on the 9th.

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Donnyboat

Thanks Cathy, another Aussie, as difficult as the day may be, we hope it is a nice day for you & your family, with many friends with you, cheers Pat & Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Benni3

Decker

Quote from: Benni3 on September 28, 2021, 04:27:34 AM
I'm planning on coming up.

Great!  Feel free to contact me.  If you send a PM, I'll give you my cell.  /Joe

broadway

I will be in attendance to pay our respects to our pal, Sal.
Dom

Dominick

I planned on going to pay my respects, however I need to be in California for a memorial service for a family member on the 8th.  I sent my explanation and regrets to Cathy by email.  I will be thinking about the family on the 9th.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Rothmar2

Quote from: mhc on September 26, 2021, 02:02:39 PM
Thanks Cathy, we will be thinking of Sal in Aus on the 9th.

Mike

This goes for me too.

Chris

alantani

thinking about flying out to philadelphia that second week of november.  not sure of the dates yet.   :-\