Salvatore D. Ciarlante

Started by alantani, October 14, 2020, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Like John said, Sal's influence lives within us all. He taught me a lot of things, but mostly that it's ok to get frustrated, set tools down and have a glass of wine  :D  :D

Thanks for posting Cathy. That's a great picture of you and Sal !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Donnyboat

Thanks Cathy, we love having your posts on this forum, I read your post earlier, but could not find the words to reply, and am still stuttering, you sure were a good couple, Pat & I are wishing you & your family, much good health, and happiness in the future, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Dominick

Cathy, thanks for keeping in touch.  Sal is not forgotten and probably never will be forgotten by many who may not have met him..  Keep posting when you need some comfort.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

bhale1

Cathy,
I can tell you that me and my girls will never forget Sal.... I dont do "social media", this is the only forum I belong to. My daughters are still amazed how nice a "stranger", who we never met , could be to us! He re-built their matching pair of reels to perfection, and thru that they get to use "PaPa's" old reels..even if its once a year, on a half day boat on vacation!!! We cherish them greatly, as much as the man who made it possible. Sal will always live on with us!
Much Love...
Brett

Cathy Ciarlante

Hello to everyone,

I just wanted to wish you all a happy Springtime! This was truly Sal's favorite time of the year and Easter was his favorite holiday (mostly because the Easter menu was his favorite)! Every Good Friday, we would take the kids to the beach, walk along the shore, eat boardwalk pizza, and just enjoy each other's company! Even last year, at the beginning of the pandemic, we took the ride just to be together. Today, Alyssa, Anthony and I, drove to the beach and parked where Sal and Anthony would park to go surf fishing, in Ocean City, NJ. We walked to the water and threw a few beautiful daffodils (hand-picked from Sal's garden at home) in the ocean, in his memory. We shared some of our favorite "Daddy" memories and we smiled and cried a whole lot.

We are very much looking forward to the day when we have enough protection from this virus to celebrate Sal's life with a wonderful Memorial. The Alan Tani Family will be the first to be notified, when that is planned!

Wishing you all some warm sun on your face, sweet smells in the air and heavenly blessings always!

xo
Cathy (and family)

Bill B

Thank you for checking in Cathy....there are more and amazing things that happen during the Easter Season....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Dominick

Cathy, I planted my tomato plants today and Sal was on my mind.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

Cathy,
   Happy Easter to you and the family.  I miss our friend as I know many of us do, obviously, none more than you though.  Knowing there's a bit of Sal in us all, and we're spread throughout the world to infect all others around us with a little bit of Sal makes me feel good. 
We were lucky to know and have him, I miss ya buddy!
Best to you and the A's,
Dom

broadway

This is copied exactly from a post Sal made after George passed away in the squidder 140/145/146 topic.

"It's good to talk about people that are no longer with us every once in a while."
Sal

Well pal, we talk about you a lot!
You were such a good man.
Officer George was a great guy and an asset to us here also.
Miss you guys but we know you guys are fishing with Brian and Ray as well.
Save me a spot please
We think of all of you guys!
Best
Dom

Cathy Ciarlante

Hello to all,

6 months ago, today, this world became a little less bright, a little less beautiful and a little less inviting. 8 months ago, today, when Sal and I left for the hospital, we never even considered the idea of him never returning to his warm home, so filled with love for him (and all things Sal!). Today I went out and turned the dirt in what will become the Sal Ciarlante Memorial Vegetable Garden. I was glad to see that Dominick got those tomatoes plants in already!  :) I just wanted to share two pictures today. The first one is Sal's favorite small tree in the back garden (I think it's called a Bonfire Peach) and the second one is Maggie sitting under his favorite tree in the back of our house.

Sending you all virtual hugs!
xo Cathy

alantani

i got my second shot a month ago and can fly out anytime.   so have many others.  we all look forward to meeting you in person.  :-[
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

thorhammer

Second shot Wed; i can fly in two weeks. I reached up from the bench last night to grab something while I was building a reel with new Ted parts, and the mailer Sal sent me last summer that I keep there fluttered down right into my tool tray. It sits in a stack with several others, yet his was one that fell on my reel tools....

Donnyboat

Nice flowers Kathy, n hugs to you & your family from Pat & Don. in Sunny Western Australia.
Don, or donnyboat

broadway

Got my second one 3 weeks ago. I'm ready!
Thanks for sharing Sal's memorial garden with us.
It must be a tough day for you and the kids... just know we're all thinking of you guys as well as Sal.
Warm regards,
Dom

Maxed Out

Thank you Cathy for sharing your precious thoughts with us. I'm still in shock and words are hard to come by. One thing I can say is that's one cute pup you have !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!