Anyone from Billings, MT? Free flies

Started by pjstevko, October 23, 2020, 05:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

A friend gave me some of her grandfathers fishing gear to give away to those who would like to use our display it. In the pile of gear was a box of L.W. Strong's horse and badger hair hand braided flies from Billings, MT

I'm offering these flies free to anyone who would like them and would prefer they go back to MT

Please let me know if you are interested in these flies.

Pj

Gobi King

They should be framed for all to enjoy in future!

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

pjstevko

Quote from: Gobi King on October 23, 2020, 06:53:27 PM

They should be framed for all to enjoy in future!

I'm hoping someone from MT would want them and frame or display them......

Gfish

Real nice!
Never heard of LW Strong. Spent some time in Billings and the area. Lived 30 miles from Billings but hada drive 90 miles around the mountains to shop there. Everything was Dan Baileys that I saw. Braided horse and badger hair---cool!
Wish my cousin in Livingston was still around, he'd love those. He became confined to a wheelcharir and tied for Dan Baileys the last part of his life.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

JK47

Quote from: pjstevko on October 23, 2020, 05:49:45 PM
A friend gave me some of her grandfathers fishing gear to give away to those who would like to use our display it. In the pile of gear was a box of L.W. Strong's horse and badger hair hand braided flies from Billings, MO.

I'm offering these flies free to anyone who would like them and would prefer they go back to MO.

Pj

I lived in Billings, MT for 5 years, beautiful country where the Great Plains meet the Rockies. Montana? or Missouri? The fly package says Montana...

pjstevko

Quote from: JK47 on October 23, 2020, 08:41:13 PM
Quote from: pjstevko on October 23, 2020, 05:49:45 PM
A friend gave me some of her grandfathers fishing gear to give away to those who would like to use our display it. In the pile of gear was a box of L.W. Strong's horse and badger hair hand braided flies from Billings, MO.

I'm offering these flies free to anyone who would like them and would prefer they go back to MO.

Pj

I lived in Billings, MT for 5 years, beautiful country where the Great Plains meet the Rockies. Montana? or Missouri? The fly package says Montana...

MT.. Thanks for catching that mistake... My best friends name is MO and autocorrect always does that...

pjstevko

If anyone from MT wants them just post up here and I'll send them your way free of charge....

Pj

pjstevko

These are now available to ANYONE who wants them!

Just let me know where to send them and I will get them in the mail....

Pj

El Pescador

PJ!!!!!
YES, I would gladly accept your kind gift of Montana flies,

I'll pm you my address, send them in a box, that way there will be plenty of room for the Tri-Tip!!!!! ;D

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Donnyboat

Gee Wayne if your short of flies, come over here, there just hatching out, once the temp gets over 26 C, 50 million thousand of the little devils, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

pjstevko

Quote from: El Pescador on October 25, 2020, 01:42:55 PM
PJ!!!!!
YES, I would gladly accept your kind gift of Montana flies,

I'll pm you my address, send them in a box, that way there will be plenty of room for the Tri-Tip!!!!! ;D

Wayne
You got'm Wayne! I'll get them in the mail tomorrow but they're won't be any tri tip, sorry....... I am however gonna put a tri tip on the smoker tomorrow afternoon!

El Pescador

I make mention of PJ using a larger box to add a Tri-Tip Roast from a butcher shop in Visalia, CA - just down the hill from his home.

Check out this Tri-Tip cooked by PJ during our July 2020 fishing trip in Morro Bay!!!!

And the only thing that could have made this photo better was a sharp knife, BUTT here you go!!!!

Thank you again for the generous offer of the Montana Flies,

Wayne

Rancanfish

Wayne, you are a fly fisher too?  Top row left #8 is a killer in the Dardenelles.  (From the only fly fishing I ever did).
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

El Pescador

Quote from: Rancanfish on October 26, 2020, 05:29:10 PM
Wayne, you are a fly fisher too?  Top row left #8 is a killer in the Dardenelles.  (From the only fly fishing I ever did).

Rancan!!!!

YOU BETCHA!!!!

Been fly fishing since age 14,

Started on the Rubicon River Canyon,

My casting has not got any better, but love the fight of the fish on a fly rod.

Wayne

pjstevko

Wayne the box should arrive Thursday and there's an additional item in the box for you......and NO its not tri tip  ;D