Chili with a ghost pepper

Started by Benni3, November 08, 2020, 12:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

Just made regular chili,,,, ;) then i gave it a little extra love,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

My girlfriend made the buttermilk cornbread,,,,,, ;) it good but I make Mexican cornbread,,,, :D cooking fun,,,,,,,, ;D

gstours

Thanks for your good pictures,     I,m wondering if you made soup, then love, :o and later chowder?   Hot is good. ;D    with appreciation.   gst.

JasonGotaProblem

Man I worry I'm sounding like I'm giving you a hard time, but that ain't a ghost pepper. Probably still tasty though. PM me your address and I'll send you out some seeds for some real ones.

(Edited bc apparently I can't spell)
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Benni3

Quote from: JasonGotaPenn on November 09, 2020, 11:54:15 AM
Man I worry I'm sounding like I'm givjng you a hard time, but that ain't a ghost pepper. Probably still tasty though. PM me your address and I'll send you out some seeds for slme real ones.
You're right wasn't hot but a great flavor and I like to put a little V8 juice in to but it's watered down now,,,,, ;D

Gobi King

tart, little chili heat, flavor and meat, what else can ya ask for other than a 350 lb blue fin  ;D
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

Thanks my friends,,,, ;) here soon it putting some fish on the smoker,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Ok tonight I tried 4 different mix of cornbread jeffy #1 and then it goes down hill,,,,,, ??? But it's all good,,,,,, ;D

Shellbelly

I'd like to humbly offer this recipe.  I substitute bacon for shortening.  Cook the bacon in the skillet while preheating it in the oven.  Cook until crisp.  Remove to a paper towel and crumble, stir into the mix.  Remove grease and measure back in according to the recipe.  Keep the skillet hot.  You want the mix to sizzle when pouring it into the skillet.  This makes the bottom firm and crispy, but not burned.

Note that there is NO SUGAR in this recipe.  That would be blasphemous.  This is not corn cake.

If you really want to get traditional, half the recipe and cook in a 12" cast iron skillet.  It will come out about 3/4" thick.  When done, cover with a cutting board flip the skillet over, and it will fall out without breaking.  Slice it like a pizza.  It "handles" much better at the table than a 3" crumbly square.   
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Benni3

My grandfather grow up in the 30's and he told me all we had to eat was cornbread and beans,,,,, >:( and he never saw then again he would be happy,,,,he was sick of them ,,,,, :) but the whole time he was telling me this he was eating cornbread and beans,,,,,,, ;D

Shellbelly

Same here.  The leftover cornbread was used the next day, crumbled in a bowl with buttermilk.  YUK.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Benni3

1 ghost pepper 2 NY strip 3lb 92% beef,,,,, ;) and for dessert cherry pie,,,, :) the cherry's was soaked in jack daniel fire and 99% cherry flavor shots and topped with walnuts,,,,,, ;D

MarkT

That bottle of Jack is way too small!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Dominick

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on November 09, 2020, 11:54:15 AMMan I worry I'm sounding like I'm giving you a hard time, but that ain't a ghost pepper. Probably still tasty though. PM me your address and I'll send you out some seeds for some real ones.

(Edited bc apparently I can't spell)
Jason, post a photo of a ghost pepper.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.