In search of Left Hand Squidder SS gear sleeve...

Started by MQ1, November 26, 2020, 03:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MQ1

Folks,

I'm not sure if this is the right spot, but I'm desperately seeking a stainless steel left hand Squidder gear sleeve. Does anyone have one that is available for sale?

MQ1

JoseCuervo

I may already be three sheets in to the wind on my birthday, but I think you can modify any righty sleeve to work just by filing down the ramps. The star has the same thread I think-?

I have a few of these in use that if I recall correctly were a saved large batch that were cut as lefties instead of righties. No ramps, they act the same either way.

This pic is of a larger ambidextrous sleeve and a ready to go righty Squidder sleeve. I might be just hammered though.

Use a stainless dog too-

PacRat

I think lefties have a reverse thread for the drag star. I can check some JigMasters and 4/0s tomorrow.

JoseCuervo

You are right, I was hammered. They do take a LH star.

::)

MQ1

Thanks for the thoughts, Jose...you got me thinking!

MQ1

kmstorm64

I got one from Alan years ago. Not sure if he still has any or not.
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

alantani

Quote from: kmstorm64 on June 24, 2021, 03:22:09 PM
I got one from Alan years ago. Not sure if he still has any or not.

boy, you've got a good memory!  yeah, that was a one-off mistake by the machine shop that i was using at the time.  it's all doable, but just not at a reasonable cost. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Wompus Cat

Very Nice Trick on the filing Jose ,gotta member that one.
NOT SURE BUT ?
Would the plain old 113 not H but the old smaller sleeve be the same IF so Mo (Mystic Parts)  has them and the Star  . I am building one now for the Heck of it
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him