Okuma Titus TG30 II

Started by GooseCreekRods, December 02, 2020, 07:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GooseCreekRods

Does anyone know of a tool to remove a corroded and stubborn spool cover from an Okuma Titus TG30 II? This reel sat underwater in a flooded beach house for who knows how long and the cover isn't budging. Surely there must be some sort of tool that would fit over the plastic knobs on the spool cover to help remove it?
Goose Creek Rod & Reel
Indian Trail, NC

JasonGotaProblem

Isn't the titus a conventional? You have this filed under spinning reels. I suspect you'll get better more answers if you relocate the thread.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

alantani

scott rodriguez works at okuma.  ping him and see if he has any other suggestions.

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=32169.0
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Maybe We Can Fix It

Were you able to get the spool cover off? I know you posted this a while ago and likely were able to get it off, but if not let me know and I will see if I have an extra tool available.

-Scott

Quote from: GooseCreekRods on December 02, 2020, 07:35:08 PM
Does anyone know of a tool to remove a corroded and stubborn spool cover from an Okuma Titus TG30 II? This reel sat underwater in a flooded beach house for who knows how long and the cover isn't budging. Surely there must be some sort of tool that would fit over the plastic knobs on the spool cover to help remove it?
"Maybe We Can Fix It" Reel Repair
Scott Rodriguez
Owner/Operator
Factory Trained Technician

maybewecanfixit@gmail.com

Instagram: @maybewecanfixit_reelrepair

Website Coming Soon!!