Cloning with permission 🐙

Started by gstours, December 03, 2020, 01:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

People may wonder why I even mess with this stuff...   just go fishing,  be happy, right?
  Here's a thanks to and a first of a mold that I was able to make with  Dave, (mad scientist 👨‍🔬, and good asset to us all) recently mentored with.   Dave made the pattern on his computer and used his 3 d printer to make the original,  then gifted me a lead casting.
  Since then I've been wanting to make a mold for my own......
  Here's two steps.

gstours

The mold strips easily,  the details are great, as a medium size jig mold it's going to be used a lot.
   I can think of many more things do now.    Tanks  Dave.

gstours

The white in the red mold is clay and is the sprue hole for pouring the lead.  It should have been pulled out for the picture..   sorry.😣
   👍🆙. For Dave.  More soon.   🧜‍♂️

Ron Jones

Looks like a lot of fun. Is the plan to drop it or cast and retrieve?
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

gstours

My fishery is on the sea floor,  so it's going to be a drop and bounce the bottom mostly.   Glow paint on one side and contrast painting scheme planned,  generally bait added to rear siwash.
    Now I,ll never run out ideas.🐙🎣

jurelometer

That's strange.  I am pretty sure that I put  a licensing form and royalty schedule in the box   :D

This one was created by merging stuff  from 3 jigs that had features that I liked.  Two were the new style Japanese slow pitch, and one was an old pre slow pitch bounce jig that had some slow pitch-like properties.  So I don't really consider a mashup like this to be a complete original anyways.    Actually, there are so many jig designs out there today, it is hard to one up with anything completely new.   

But you learn a lot more about how jigs work if you design and test your own.

Curious to see how the short side sprue works.   Somebody here was trying that on a similar shape and could not get a clean fill until he pre heated the wire.

And you didn't have to clone a jig.  I could have sent you a mold master.    It is not like the is a shortage of them around here.  I think the printer is even making some extras when I am not looking.

-J